2023 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

Cork footballers have a great record in white
They won the 73 and 2010 finals in white

1 Like

Are Derry still pretending red is their home jersey?

3 Likes

Cork have won playing in white in this championship, against Louth.

The red one is a thing of beauty.

I don’t like this Vincent Tan-like ideology that has crept into Derry’s colour choices.

I don’t even get why they’re changing. They look much better in a white jersey and they won the All-Ireland in a white jersey. It’s not like with Donegal, who had to change their colours for an All-Ireland semi-final because of a clash, won in Croke Park for the first time in those change colours, and so decided to keep them for the final, then won the All-Ireland in those change colours, and so decided to keep them forever.

2 Likes

It’s grand. But it’s bizarre that they have two teams play in different home jerseys. Change it you want but stop fuck acting

You’re wrong on this one I think. Both formats are great and the interest in both will grow year on year. Interest in the tailteann will vary depending on the counties involved but it’s here to stay and the route to Sam means it will always be important. Westmeaths performance this year has only further strengthened it

Mulling over on whether to head up on Saturday. Would it be worth it ya’s reckon lads? Working on Sunday.

I think Cork could upset the apple tart here

If you have nothing else on and can afford it, then go. You’ll spend enough days watching games on TV.

I hope to be there on Sunday myself.

1 Like

That’s what I’m thinking alright. I’m enjoying being at the matches more and more these days than watching on the telly. Suppose that’s one positive of the likes of Fitzmaurice on co-comm.

1 Like

Can’t see it!!! Roscommon are very hit & miss in crunch games Clare beat them last year, derry a different animal cork should be competitive but can’t see them getting any further

Since Covid I find games on TV utterly sterile.

I also find its rare you regret actually going to a match.

They could I suppose.

I regretted going to the exceedingly attractive 2017 All-Ireland football quarter-final double header of Tyrone v Armagh followed by Dublin v Monaghan. That was a grim evening with no redeeming features, made even grimmer by the fact that I had the chance to attend the following day’s Galway v Tipperary All-Ireland hurling semi-final which turned out to be a classic, and didn’t. Of all my terrible life choices, that could have been the worst.

4 Likes

Cork 1973 in white had JBM wreaking havoc at 19 years of age with Ray Cummins and Declan Barron beside him. Cork 2010 in white had a few decent ballers too

not sure the 2023 class can do the same in white

his comments were the wrong side of a line

the venue, the ref etc , it is all becoming a bit whiny with Kildare

They bet Mayo

They did. And Mayo bet Kerry. And Kerry bet Cork.

Man, this is hard.

yeh he is , I can recall only too well, Tyrone beating kerry of a saturday evening in 2021 and of course 2019 v the dubs

has anyone pulled him up on this?