2023 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

Day off running tomorrow but planning to go further afield to The Flavours of Fingal festival after morning swimming lessons. Unlikely to spot any Raheny players in the locality but will always keep my wits about me. That reminds me to pop over to the Celeb Spotting thread actually.

1 Like

Any yerras I know seem to be genuinely worried once you get past the bluster. Think Kerry might have blown the load a bit early last time out and aren’t as good as they seem. The Clifford boys cannot be at 100% no matter what’s said.

What’s the deal with the Cliffords?

Their mother’s passing

1 Like

I was talking to my man on the ground in Bellaghy this morning and he was saying Meenagh in charge hasn’t a clue and that Chrissy McKaigue and Hercules are now effectively managing the team.

They are apprehensive about Cork on Sunday but feel they’ll still have enough. They want Dublin taken out this weekend though as they are the one team they want to avoid.

I will give you some solid advice. I went last year with two very small kids and the main area by Newbridge house was utter rammed - 20 minute + queues for all the food and beverage trucks.

If you wander a few hundred metres over past the playground where the gaa and cricket pitch normally is there is an array of livestock and farm machinery on display and a number of food trucks with no real queues and park benches to sit at and space for eye kids to roam about.

1 Like

There is a new spot slap bang in the middle of the kids play areas that looks ideal. Has food stands and music

1 Like

Tyrone by 4
Armagh by 5
Derry by 6
Mayo by 2

Thank you. Smashing advice.

Happy to return the f(l)avour & provide advice for The St Anne’s Park Rose Festival on 15-16 July.

Where’s @Fulvio_From_Aughnacloy? I thought he’d be frothing at the mouth about the weekends game by now?

When was the last time Monaghan were in a semi final? 07 was it?

I’d fear Dublin this year

The squad depth test - Derry’s slimline approach contrasts with Dubs and Armagh

Derry’s slimline approach contrasts with Dublin and Armagh’s expansiveness

Image Gallery 0|100%x67%3

Colm Keys

June 30 2023 2:30 AM

When he addressed the media earlier this week, the Cork football manager John Cleary reflected on the frantic nature of it all.

From reviewing games to booking hotels, week-on-week action consumed time and energy and he wondered what the benefit of having a weekend off, in such a tight schedule, would do for a team.

It’s a much-raised question in these weeks. When the margins are so small, is it more beneficial to be building momentum and resilience through games or having that limited time off to rest and recuperate?

Cleary’s Cork are engaged for a third successive weekend

2018, 1988 before that

1 Like

07 was a QF

1 Like

We had a coach not long after that who told us not to shave for the week before an upcoming final :grinning:

2 Likes

That ref from Wicklow rode us something terrible in that semi-final against Tyrone.

Those psychopaths always have a chance, especially if Morgan gets to assault clifford .
But as mcconville said “if kerry can’t get themselves up for this…something something”

Haha I love them 2 boys @kerry1891

1 Like

Jesus that is fucking powerful stuff

Magic

33/1 they said it couldn’t be done

2 Likes