2023 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

A Kilkenny man not getting a ticket for a final in the 55 years prior to that anecdote is buffoonery that I cannot sanction, as Tommy Lee Jones would say.

4 Likes

Was it told by Enda Kenny with 2 :beer: in his hands?

Let’s Dance

https://twitter.com/DubGAAOfficial/status/1674690715463430144?t=yPfR5Q4ctbYQ8Qi8zy0Vdg&s=19

1 Like

Mayo should win that by at least 6 points.

3 Likes

Disappointing to see Colm Wally Parkinson come in with a dig at Kev earlier.

1 Like

great to see turnpike rovers get a mention

the “coaches” comment will sting

3 Likes

:blush:

A very weak full back line but at least Costello and Mannion are there to come on and win the game around the 50 min mark. Great to see Brian Howard in mf, a rolls royce of a player. He was looking chunky last couple of years, hopefully he’s shed a few lbs.

He’s about a stone down since the travels I’d say, been flying

Dessie dogged him completely. Been the source of some strife apparently.

He was very pissed off not to get back into the team for the Winter Blitz Final in 2020. He had come back from lockdown overweight but worked like a dog to get back in.

Ended up making a difference in that final from the subs bench though.

1 Like

When he came into the team it was a case of here we go again and it looked like Dublin would keep producing ridiculously good players and win about 50 in a row. The tom lahiffs of this world aren’t a patch on the old guard though

Agreed. If Howard comes back firing and you’ve Mannion and Costello in reserve in the forwards and Murchan same for the backs, they look comfortably the best team left, even with carrying the new lads.

Haven’t seen much of the Dubs this year but hear Basquel has been playing very well. Do the Dubs finally trust him? He’s always been in and out of the squad for years.

It’s the first time I’ve seen him playing with confidence actually demanding the ball. He has good pace too - hopefully starting to click.
My worry is the old guard of James Mc, CK and Fento - they’re not at the races at the mo. Lack of div 1 opponents this year could come back to haunt them Sunday

Ive watched most of the Dubs games this year. It looks like a chore playing for those three you mentioned

I’d say lack of Div 1 opponents could be the making of them. 2 of the top 3 in Div 1 gone from the championship after running out of puff, Galways meek enough exit this year in great contrast to last when they strolled through Div 2 with minimum fuss.

1 Like

Hopefully @Bandage might get a look at him in some Dublin 5 barista house following his Saturday morning 10k and will be able to guage Howard’s form from the passing interaction

1 Like

I hope you’re right

Do Tyrone have any chance here against Kerry given they’ve lost God knows how many players? Couple of the forwards playing well but not sure I see it happening