2023 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

Heard it first hand at a Dublin-Mayo game few years back screaming “hope yis get cancer Keegan ya fookin prick!” or something very similar, as I said scum.

Dublin fans are pond scum, very simple really.

Good man

1 Like

I’d say all counties have a few morons following them who shout stupid things at times which isn’t representative of their support base.

6 Likes

The surprise here is that they knew keegan. These are the lads that thought Eric Lowndes was Diarmuid Connolly. Gas cunts.

1 Like

These lads were in their 40s and 50s dozens of them, the shitty old tats drew on with Crayola you know the type.

1 Like

Most Dublin folk are very sound from my experience

3 Likes

Be hard for us to go to the well a second time after bating kerry in the semi

1 Like

No because the fox was in. Dublin and Kerry were in the same bowl

‘Fix’

1 Like

Was the fox in the bowl? Crafty!

3 Likes

Are they really though? Most of their matches have been a procession for the last 10 years bar those against Mayo and Kerry. I prefer watching competitive and close games of football.

There was a fear every time Mayo played Dublin that what unfolded today and in 2019 could happen. But usually Mayo managed to defy conventional logic and give Dublin bags of it. It speaks volumes that Tommy Rooney asked Paddy Andrews on OTB “why they struggled with Mayo so much” despite beating them virtually every time (bar 2012).

In saying that it could have panned out much differently today had the Jordan Flynn goal been allowed and if Eoghan McLoughlin hadn’t missed the sitter. Colm Basquel a surprise candidate for footballer of the year after today.

I think we’re safe enough from that happening

Mayo played 10 championship games in 2017 including two bouts of extra-time. Most of it was cut-throat knockout football too. Playing in consecutive weeks didn’t affect them too much that season.

1 Like

One thing that’s even more sure than him tapping a late free over when two points down is that he’ll lower the blade and get carded when beaten. He was trying to get a reaction out of Brian Fenton at the end there.

2 Likes

In 2018 they limped out poorly against an awful Kildare side. The same day Latrobe won the Irish derby.

Similar to the Galway hurler in 2018 and 2019.

I meant to ask last night but would the playing pool not be relatively sparse compared to Dublin, Kerry or Cork given the large enough Unionist communities up there? I presume not many of them play and that the game gets very little traction in Unionist areas.

Slab will be taking IP addresses…

That was no goal. Even if you bought that Flynn did nothing wrong Cluxton and others clearly stopped before Flynn kicked it.

2 Likes

Stop talking sense . The lads here were claiming it should have been penalty first and then decided it was a clear goal :person_shrugging:

True. It did feel like the Dublin defenders and Cluxton had stopped playing by the time he’d put it in the net. Had the whistle blown by that stage?