2023 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

I would too if I was the mastermind behind it

1 Like

The most enjoyable ambush in GAA history.

1 Like

The game has changed rapidly in the last ten years, in response to his Donegal team.

Wha?

I think he was comparing the approach as opposed to the players. Youā€™re reinforcing his point, Dublin 2014 had the strongest group of players and even they recognised that going man to man would undo them, in which case what hope have mayo 2023 taking the same approach.

Heā€™s trying to twist things to keep himself relevant.

Heā€™d make a great poster on TFK.

1 Like

Donegal took defensive systems and counterattacking to new levels. Everyone had to respond to that, including Dublinā€™s major tactical change post 2014. Dublin continued to evolve to their keepball gameplan in further response. Everyone else copied. Itā€™s been a rapid evolution in ten years, the catalyst was Donegal.

Did you watch Armagh v Monaghan?

Serious panic on in these parts as the ā€˜sold outā€™ signs have gone up for the Tailteann final and many supporters still havenā€™t got their tickets. And some people said it would never be a success!

2 Likes

I wonder why they never just went the senior, intermediate and junior routes with these comps. I know thereā€™s a junior football competition but it would be more palatable and marketable for everyone.

Winning a junior title is often the biggest night in a parishā€™s history or going up senior.

The county club links are all still working

Two Ulster referees for the AI semi finals, Derry get Joe McQuillan again. Jarlath is fairly throwing his weight about since getting the nod for the big job.

1 Like

Whatā€™s de stawree with tickets for the sunday. Would i be correct in assuming thereā€™ll be plenty about?

Loads

1 Like

Is Dublin Joe still considered an Ulster ref?

You couldnā€™t give them away

2 Likes

Iā€™ll have to go down. Its just such a privilege to be playing kerry. It would actually be disrespectful not to attend

Tickets for dubs v Monaghan are scarce. Down and Meath (bless them) seem to be very excited about this Tarzan Cup yoke and there isnā€™t enough tickets for the loyal hordes of Dublin supporters. Id ring Joe Duffy only heā€™s a cunt.

4 Likes

Is the Tall Ships Cup not finished yet?

COR has Meath fans purring