2023 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

Dessie has turned us into a goal scoring machine.

2 Likes

Its on 4 weeks earlier to cater for Dublin playing Sligo, Roscommon and Kildare in the next month :grinning:

Louth beaten again by a ball carried over the line. Outrageous.

A fisted point of beauty by Ciaran Kilkenny. Pragmatism. The sensible option. The correct option. That’s why we love Gaelic football.

And now a comedy goal from two inches. A slam dunk by Paddy Small.

This is sublime, this is sport, this is something very, very special.

4 Likes

Replay

More pragmatism there from Dean Rock.

Jesus the commentary is woeful. Is that Eamonn Fitzmaurice on Co-comm? He may have insight but shouldn’t be let near the mic with that drone. Mad stuff

1 Like

Deano

“Deano” takes his point. It was actually offensive not to pass for the goal there, although maybe it was the correct option, the sensible option again (cc @Cheasty).

I’ve been watching since 57 minutes, my first football championship viewing of the season. It’s pretty funny stuff.

GOAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLL

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssss!!!

1 Like

From some of the little details he gives about Dublin you get a sense he painstakingly video analysed them during his time in charge of Kerry …

One of the great Dublin victories. The streets outside Mulligan’s will be thronged tonight.

1 Like

My first bit of Championship today too. Mad really. The GAA have made some bollox of their prime spot in the Irish sporting calendar.

He did not? Why would he do that?

@cheasty & others, should the prevalence of S&C, fitness & nutrition, sports science advances where even the shit counties have access to the expertise now…not make the gap narrower rather than wider?

I would have thought that back in the day when nobody was fit then it would have been easier for natural talent to ensure hammerings. But there seems to be more hidings now when I thought a base level of fitness should prevent that.

I dunno, maybe there are less hammerings now & I’m looking back through daffodil-tilted spectacles.

Now I’ve to do some gardening before the Ulster Final (cc GGA & Rubby Spotting thread).

1 Like

Perhaps it’s for the best it’s no longer in the prime spot.

1 Like

Highest tally scored in Leinster final history acc to a member of the fifth estate

Commentators eye cc @Bod95

Don’t think Dublin have played a Div. 1 team this year yet and think Roscommon are the only one they will play before knockout games.

3 Likes

The tension in Clones is permeating through the TV screen already.