2023 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

BBC2 all the way

1 Like

I think it’s like the wealth inequality gap. The defenders of wealth inequality at a societal level say that “the poor people all have phones, their lives are much better than before”. But the poor people don’t see it like that. The gaps are bigger. It’s the gaps that matter.

The minnow counties are more scientific in terms of preparation than before but their advances in the science of preparation are cottage stuff compared to the bigger counties.

Science magnifies gaps rather than closing them. You’re either on the level or you’re not. It’s the Man City 6 Watford 0 phenomenon, it’s the Bayern Munich winning the Bundesliga 26 times in a row phenomenon. It’s the Galway 6-36 Westmeath 0-4 phenomenon.

Strangely enough those who most defend wealth inequality at a societal level tend to be most exercised about gaps in the GAA. But they never want to do anything that would tackle the causes, not the symptoms. Because they’re virtue signalling and not serious about what they say.

1 Like

Grim stuff there at the start of the coverage.

Philly.

Signing out

Good. Now fuck off.

2 Likes

Maurice Deegan makes Fitzmaurice sound exciting :grinning:

2 Likes

Laois.

You think he’s going to speak in the same way Martin King does, and then he doesn’t.

It seems all change on BBC this year.

Harte, McConville, Canavan and Sidey all gone. They were a great panel.

1 Like

Derry playing in red here. This is a potentially displeasing colour clash, unlike the pleasing colour clashes of Armagh and Down or Cork and Galway.

I don’t like Derry playing in red.

2 Likes

Mcconville and Harte shafted by other fixtures.

Martin McHugh always brought a chirpiness to proceedings too

I don’t know who the presenter is here but I have a problem with her. The problem is not that she’s a woman, but that she’s a southern Free Stater. This was also a problem when Sligo’s Austin O’Callaghan presented BBC’s coverage.

You need a six county person doing the job. Either a dyed in the wool GAA person like Jerome Quinn, or a Prod like Mark Robson or Jackie Fullerton. No southerners. Even a Donegal person sits uneasily on a panel.

Three of this panel are southerners. That’s not good enough.

1 Like

Too much of a spring freshness to the air in Clones today. The grass is too green. You need dead, oppressive, stifling high summer air.

3 Likes

Benny Heron is very old looking. A nice throwback.

Philly?

Yes Wooly?

Referee “David Gockhhh” (Ger Canning prounciation) throws in the ball.

Shocking colour clash. Shameful administration.

4 Likes

Ffs sake would they not change colours.

1 Like

Some colour clash.

Thanks for being a subscriber