2023 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

I fucking hate it. There would definitely be one more goal a game on average without it. At the end of injury time today as well Derry sliced through Armagh for the equaliser and hand passed a point over from 6 yards.

3 Likes

Its a blight on the game. There doesnā€™t seem any appetite to fix it or the endless handpassing back and forth across the field.

1 Like

Jarly Burns could be a hero tonight. Fear choked him. Cian and Woolie should be fun to listen to about this. Percentage play my sweaty bollocks.

Some things are a harder fix. But hand passing it over the bar is an easy one. Iā€™m on the fence about palming to the net.

But anyone who says back door cut should be punted over the bar

2 Likes

The Mark and handpassing over the bar destroy the instinctive forward

Cunts like Poacher come up with shite like that. Need shooting with balls of their own shite

I was disappointed to see Con take a few marks today instead of going for the jugular.

2 Likes

Northern teams never get the credit they deserve. Even the way pundits talk about incredibly skilled players such as o Neill is completely to the players down south.

Northern football coaches have been the great innovators of the gaa over the last twenty years. Short kick outs, retaining possession, blanket defence, roaming keepers and a few more common tactics seemed to all stem from teams up north.

Even the professionalism of the Tyrone and Armagh sides in the mid 00s kick started a new era in the gaa. Some of the things spilled into hurling too.

3 Likes

The highlight of the football championship so far was the Monaghan butcher boy who went for the jugular. Maybe the rulemakers should take noteā€¦

4 Likes

Maybe management and players could too

David Clifford wouldnā€™t get his game for this Dublin team.

Not just the teamsā€¦

In terms of raw ability, athleticism and a tendency to drift in and out of games there are no 2 footballers in the country as similar as Rian Oā€™Neill and Daniel Flynn. Iā€™d say Oā€™Neill has a far bigger reputation in the media than Flynn.

3 Likes

I have some recollection of the early days of Bernard Brogan where he would go for goal especially from an acute angle, however as the years went on he stuck to the process and became a handpass it over merchant.

1 Like

I heard crokes* have a bid in for him

Some players just have a natural ability to create something out of nothing. A good coach will crush that out of them and make them part of the system

Dr Crokes or Kilmacud Crokes!?

Cheeky

Flynn is an athlete. Oā€™Neill is a footballer.

Itā€™s clear you have a huge inferiority complex when it comes to Ulster football.

Rian Oā€™Neill is a fantastic footballer like a more mobile Michael Murphy. Heā€™s only played 1 full season in a decent team though