2023 Club Championships

What a tackle from the corner back :joy:

You did call it right a few weeks ago @Cheasty. You said you wouldn’t be suprised if Corofin did not win Connaught tbf. A lot of deadwood still there.

3 Likes

A fantastic call

Centre back their best attacking threat

They did more than that, they made a procession of it

A bad day for Curtis and Brolly

I like Bridget’s setup. Men behind the ball when needed but break up the field in numbers.

Derryesque

Full value for that win. Hard to believe a team of Corofins experience could be so badly stumped by a blanket defence.

Was it 4 points they scored? Shocking

Edit 5 points

Corofin very flat today. Got off to a bad start by insisting on kicking ball into a mass defence and kept losing it. By the time they changed tack they were chasing the game.

I thought people were too quick to proclaim that Corofin were back. For me Moycullen were overconfident in the Galway final, they had their eyes on bigger things and were caught on the hop.

I was surprised at how naive Corofin were today though. They didn’t seem to have a Plan B when their Plan A didn’t work. It was almost like they had read too many Joe Brolly articles about themselves. Only Cunningham the 6 showed any sort of game awareness.

2 Likes

Thurles looking deserted

Munster needs a boutique central venue for provincial club games like the BOX-IT Athletic Grounds is in Ulster and Newbridge has the potential to be in Leinster.

Mallow is that venue.

Tbf never brought forward the keeper once, respect

Half time in Newry C’dall 0.10 Slaughtneil 1.6. Well I think that’s the score. There’s no scoreboard working.

I thought we banned two captains. Fuck off with yer two speeches

Me man on radio 1 is classic of that Ulster commentator, rolling his LLs rolling his SS, and and proclaiming every score to be an epic one, every tackle to be thunderous, and promising the greatest second half of sports about to come.

He must be on some hard drugs, not a classic.

Owen McConnon. He’s been around for donkey’s years. He was the number 2 commentator for BBC behind Jimmy Smyth when the great man was in his pomp in the early 90s. He’d do minor games and replayed senior games if they clashed with another game.

He loves a ‘spare a thought’. And doesn’t care what context he uses it in

1 Like

I reckon Clonlara will cause a shock here

I reckon they won’t.

2 Likes