2023 Club Championships

Clonlara lowering the blade now, two bad ones there in a row, just trying to hurt fellas

Now that one, on the other hand, was a soft yellow.

1 Like

Good stop

What a keeper

Terrible shot but he did well to handle the bounce. The Clonlara lad probably should have popped it to the fella beside him who was in a better position

Some score :clap:

Jayus that was poor

Clonlara fair butchered that chance :see_no_evil:

Gully lucky there, he somehow contrived to let that go through him

Some paddling

Popped in to Thurles to see history being made at a baltic Semple Stadium this evening.

Ballygunner are just writing and blowing records out of the water now. To win the Munster Club Championship three years in a row from the first round is one thing, but to be winning each championship by aggregate totals of 36 (2021), 31 (2022), and 34 (2023) points is unprecedented levels of domination.

I thought last years final was actually a very good game and my hopes of something similar were raised when John Conlon grabbed the ball from the throw in and scored a great point. When Clonlara followed it up with the next point it looked like we could get a contest. Unfortunately that was as good as it got. The final margin was 13 points and it could have been anything. I thought they’d hit about 3-30 at one stage but they eased off big time when they ran the bench (i can see why they dont trust their subs)

The two Ballygunner goals were brilliantly taken but Clonlara just couldnt get close enough to lay a hand on them. Ballygunner were at a totally different level in terms of fitness, organisation and hurling. Im suprised someone said Fitzgerald was poor. He hit a beautifully floated delivery for the first goal and scored two cracking points after half time. Peter Hogan got a well deserved MOTM award. He floats under the radar a bit usually but is absolutely pivotal to how they play.

Hard luck to @Big_Dan_Campbell. At least there’s no regrets when you lose to a far superior team.

7 Likes

https://twitter.com/clonlaragaaclub/status/1731362201435308281?t=Vgx249Z2T8AEjNSYFMoexw&s=19

It was great to hear so many Pogues songs on the tannoy today. Really warmed the heart. You’d wonder should the GAA adopt a policy on just playing Pogues songs at GAA Grounds going forward.

5 Likes

Don’t think I’ve ever seen an U23 club championship before. There used to be a Munster U25 hurling competition up until a few years ago?

They’ve been running that the last few years. Hurling also

Shane McGowan has become the #metoo of the simpleton hack.

1 Like

On a rainy night in Croker, O’Loughlin Gaels won this transmetropolitan Leinster final clash by one point. The GAA had hoped that thousands would be sailing through the Croke Park turnstiles for an exceedingly attractive Leinster final double header, but the crowds in Dublin preferred to stay on the old main drag rather than head to the Dublin 3 venue.

Every nomark hack is crawling out of the woodwork with a Shane and I were best buddies splurge for the colour supplements.

Kilmakud Krokes were not talking about this Leinster title win as the first time, because it was actually the eighth time. But they definitely weren’t thinking about the last, because this is a team that only looks forward, as true champions do. Early in the game the crowd took shelter from a shower, but for the rest of first half the wind was whistling all its charms and Krokes had the benefit of it, and they went in 0-9 to 0-7 ahead at the break. This correspondent want out for a smoke at half-time, and as there was a light I held before me, I thought of how different this Krokes team is to the stereotype. This is an overwhelmingly home grown Krokes team, who have watched their friends grow up together. But the key man proved to be the one who has moved across the broad, majestic Shannon, Shane Walsh.

Now this post is nearly over, because I can’t bothered to go on with it, and we may never find out what it means, but I’ll tell you anyway. It means fucking nothing.

2 Likes

Has Tubs had a go yet?

I suspect that in person, Shane was prickly and hard work. The personal platitudes are only rolling in now he’s dead. Reminds me of someone else. Actually some other people.