2023 Club Championships

Most likely just lent them a shoulder and a friendly ear. He’s a good lad Joe

So Walsh can come home to play for Galway but cant come home to play about 4 games for his club. Would you blame people in his club for been upset? I know i certainly would and i am not small minded.

1 Like

Remember he can’t play 4 games with his club but can play 10 with Kilmacud. It was a shocking move by a weird man.

Agreed. Id have no problem with him leaving if he quit Galway too.

1 Like

The Muldoons are circling the jettas.

1 Like

It’s a hobby. He’s not in some kind of indentured servitude to his club. He can choose what suits him in terms of travel and training and his life. It’s nobody else’s business.

If lads want a ban on club transfers then they can go through the appropriate channels to pass that motion.

2 Likes

God forbid he might want a social life in Dublin.

1 Like

The days of social lives for club players is gone thanks to the split season.

2 Likes

Informative rating

I believe he’s lots of friends on the Kilmacud panel. The whole panel too. Not just the first 17.

7 Likes

I wouldn’t hold it against SW transferring to a club in Dublin - the only reason its an issue is because he’s so good. Hundreds more do the same thing.

He shouldn’t be allowed play for Galway though while not registered to a Galway club. But again he’s not breaking any rule.

What I would hold against him though, is that he was part of a team and club which brought the entire Association into disrepute this year.

1 Like

Who should he be allowed to play for then, in your opinion?

Ah lovely.

That’s the crux of it for me

1 Like

Shouldnt be allowed play I/C for anyone but would qualify for Dublin after 5 years with Kilmacud Crokes*.

What about lads from Tipp who transfer to clubs in Amerikay to get paid and then want to come back and play for their home club or indeed county?

No that’s different.

You can go back to your ‘home’ club at any point and play away.

So you’ve no problem with lads transferring to other clubs. Just no inter county while not with the “home” club.

Be grand, he can transfer out for the split season, and back for IC.

1 Like

Yes exactly.