2023 Club Championships

Galvin is actually married into the parish to be fair. Billy is married to one of the Sixmilebridge Crowes, so it’s mar dhea the next football club but much more of a stretch. Rooney was living above in Kilfenora when he first landed down afaik. O’Hanlon and another Phaires lad that was playing for Limerick at one stage are complete outsiders far as I can tell

She is from the Bridge and they lived in the hinterland for a while during covid. Cratloe are the only senior football team in east Clare. His BIL was a teammate also

Shane Neville would be a complete outsider too and played the full 60 mins of the recent County Final win.

1 Like

He’s Burgess originally is it? Or Newport?

His uncle lives in Craltoe, Alan Neville, who has an all ireland medal from 1995

I assumed Colm was an alright sort but I know a few footballers from different counties who came up against Clare in recent seasons and they despise him

As Is Michael Brennan think he’s their centre back. A Churchill native would of won at least 1 possibly 2 junior all Ireland’s with the kingdom… cratloe have always had a few blow ins

Practically one of their own :joy:

Ah I wouldn’t mind that given where they were coming from

Ah shur we’ve all uncles living everywhere.

1 Like

Lattin Cullen

An I’m alright Jack bollocks

Very consistent with your commentary on Poacher and Turlo in Carlow.

Turlough is a gent. An out and out gent.

1 Like

Replay of the Tipperary hurling final this weekend.

I fancied Sars the first day out and they were probably a smidgen better than Kiladangan but overplayed the ball on occasion. Kiladangan will be delighted with the result and arguably have more room for improvement.

I rewatched the game last night and Sars need to curtail the influence of Sean Hayes who caused them huge problems with his pace.
Ronan Maher plays as a very deep lying 6 so Hayes had space to open up. Their style of play is very direct, when they win it up top they are dangerous but also tend to leave themselves open at times.
If recovered, Michael Cahill could be drafted in although he was taken off injured in last weeks premier intermediate final the Sars lost to Lorrha/Dorrha.

Kiladangans big question will be if or where they start Willie Connors. I’d fear for the young O’Meara they started the last day so they may need him defensively but he would be a huge threat up front.

An unusual fact, is Sars don’t have a good record in replays. I’d expect Seanie Butler to start this weekend. Kiladangan are not the most popular team around North Tipperary but most would agree this team deserves a second title. I don’t expect there to be a clutter of goals in this either with Sars emerging from it victors.

2 Likes

Does Tommy hurl for Cratloe as well or is he just football only?

https://twitter.com/CahairOKane1/status/1717896669042225517?s=19

Great piece here from Cahair.

1 Like

I’d say Tommy doesn’t know one end of a hurley from the other.

2 Likes

Kerins O’Rahillys relegated by Na Gaeil after extra time.

Christ, be some night to be in Tralee…