2024/2025 Premier League - The Drive for 5

Klopp won one league title. You simply can’t compare him to Wenger or Ferguson.

I doubt there was five people at Arsenal when Wenger joined that were still there when he left.

Ferguson even less.

1 Like

It’s generally excepted from 2009 onwards man United were in a decline under Ferguson.

He still managed two league titles and a champions league final despite being in Decline.

Wenger it was far more pronounced. Arsenal had bad players and struggled to compete while paying for the stadium.

It’s early days yet but it just looks like Liverpool were under performing under klopp and could have improved a lot with him leaving.

There was a strong push for Wenger out though. It was a meme at the time. He hadn’t won the league in 14 years before his departure. Taking over a team who’d finished 6th and taking them to 5th and a Europa League final wasn’t a disaster by Emery at all. Very unfair by the media to be painting his time in charge as similar to that of David Moyes at Man Utd or Souness at Liverpool. He didn’t inherit a winning team.

Emery was one manager too soon at Arsenal. He’s been fantastic at Villa on a much smaller budget than others.

Moyes was a bad choice but it was always going to be a poisoned chalice.

The only man they should have appointed was Jose. He’d have the ego to get a bit out of the players and it would have given the board 2-3 years to find the next candidate.

He’ll be near the top of the list for the United job if it comes to it. I think I heard Graham Hunter say once he doesn’t sign the players and is always happy to work with what he has once they’re a certain standard technically. He doesn’t have a defined style of play apparently.

What fucking planet do you live on? Who in the name of Jesus goes around having discussions on the contrast between the Emery and Wenger eras

quite frequently if you don’t mind :rofl:

Arsenal Twitter, they’re mental

Jesus I seem to get under your skin awful easily. The Wenger succession has often been discussed in recent months when TV/radio analysts are discussing Slot taking over from Klopp. You seem to have pent up anger but I’d bet you’re a Yanited Footix behind it all.

He was there (Wenger) for 22 years ffs, 27 for Fergie

That’s my point.

Steve Bould and Arsenal’s version of Kath in reception.

1 Like

I don’t get your point so

Bournemouth manager was slated for playing similarly last year early doors but he persisted and his team are going very well.

Way to early to be calling for his head

Arsenal are a great Football Club.

I love the stories of Ken Friar and David Miles going from kicking a ball around the old Highbury Stadium to becoming Club Secretary and Senior Executives.

1 Like

How many leagues and European cups did fergie win in his first 8 years as a true comparison?

Not sure but I’m fairly sure the Liverpool fans had all English teams banned from European football for his first four years.

4 Likes

Would he have qualified?

1 Like

None.

11th
2nd
11th
13th

In the first 4 seasons of Ferguson’s reign, so no although under the current rules they would’ve qualified for the champions league in his second season. An average of 9th position over the 4 years

Klopp’s first 4 seasons were

8th
4th
4th
2nd

An average of 4.5th position