2024/2025 Premier League - The Drive for 5

Wasn’t until the Sky money kicked in that he made any inroads. Thereafter it was all down to intimidation of referees.

3 Likes

Oooft

1 Like

You hate to see that sort of financial doping

And in the 4 seasons before klopp took over it was 8th, 7th, 2nd and 6th.

So he made no real improvement in four years.

The point is it’s only delusional Liverpool fans who compare klopp to Wenger and Ferguson.

They rebuilt their clubs from Top to bottom over two decades.

Klopp just finished off the job Brendan rodgers started and it looks like now he’s left Liverpool have improved massively.

1 Like

Just looking here from 91/92 to 13 man United didn’t finish outside the top 3.

Big Ron the Racist Atkinson had United 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 4th, 4th, in his five full seasons in charge. By your logic, United went backwards in their first 5 or 6 seasons under Mr Ferguson.

2 Likes

Is there a trophy for that?

1 Like

It drives lads demented how The Boss ruled English Football with an iron fist for 20 years.

2 Likes

Scooby Doo Halloween GIF

And then won two league titles.

English football was in tatters after the Liverpool fans got all clubs banned.

Man United and Ferguson single handily rebuilt it.

1 Like

Yanited fans clinging to the past. When they were literally still in their pyjamas :joy:

Bang. Right in the kisser

3 Likes

Ah it’s the next generation you’d feel for. Brother in law is a hardcore United fan. But at least he got the highs of the Fergie years. His poor son supports them following his Dad but has got nothing but mediocrity to show for his troubles.

They went from 8th to 2nd in four seasons and won the champions league in the 4th season. So yeah, no real improvement

1 Like

Which trophies are diddy cups and which aren’t again?
The EPL and champions league obviously aren’t, the community shield (or any form of super cup) are, ditto the league cup. I’m on the fence with the FA cup

It’s diddy

It’s on the diddier side anyway. I can’t imagine Alex Ferguson telling everyone he had a good season after just winning it anyway.

Liverpool won the champions league in 2005 and lost a final in 07

Dare I say if they meet spurs in the 07 final they would have won.

So no real improvement.

If you don’t count league cups and fa cups it’s 3 trophies with an asterisk beside two of them in over 30 years for Liverpool.