2024/2025 Premier League - The Drive for 5

Listen to me very carefully I shall say this only once.

City are FINISHED

FINISHED?!!

As they should. Any club should buy him if he was up for sale. Pep is trying to break him down and rebuild him. But he is perfect as is. Pep was badly lacking someone to break the lines against Arsenal and called on him

La Fin

City remind me a little of man United Fergie post Ronaldo. They are a bit shite but nobody really notices.

How pep kept Grealish and signed Doku over palmer Iā€™ll knew now. With palmer they probably end up in the champions league final last year.

I would say that Oscar bobb chap looks phenomenal and he could lift them on his own. It often only takes one player.

Iā€™ve never got the Grealish thing. He used to get fouled a lot at Villa. Pranced about a bit as well.

Seems to have little character as well. Type of fella who could well at Newcastle. Big fish in a small pond but wouldnā€™t shock me if heā€™s at ranger in a few years either.

Heā€™s a game changer if used properly. But Pep doesnā€™t like him giving the ball away Iā€™d say.

He could easily be at rangers in a few years. Hopefully itā€™s Celtic at least

20 years ago he would have been one of the greatest of all time.

1 Like

The loss of Rodri is huge alright. Heā€™s by far the best in the world in his position.

And I think they could do with replacing Kyle Walker. He looks a shadow of himself.

Iā€™ll look foolish after they win the league by ten points. But City peaked two years ago when they won the champions league and have been sliding since.

De Bruyne, Rodri and Gundongan was peak centre mid.

All a few years older. KDB injured a lot. Rodri gone for the year. Gundongan left and was brought back, which I think shows Pep knows they slipped without him.

Poor fella trying to juggle multiple wives and mistresses and babies. Canā€™t be focused on the game.

2 Likes

They didnā€™t have gundogan last season which will help.

I dunno at a 100 plus million Iā€™d love to know what games he is turning for city.

I just donā€™t see it. Best goal tally in the league is 8. Palmer got 22 last season. 6 already this season.

He was grand at Villa but since he left have improved significantly as well.

Heā€™s not overly quick. He doesnā€™t score a lot. He isnā€™t a workaholic either.

Heā€™s very meh for me anyway. Your man Doku is useless as well.

Grealish also crossing it into Haaland and playing for city so his stats should be padded as well.

Nah. Grealish was quality at villa. Freedom to do whatever he wanted and genuinely exciting to watch. Pep makes him recycle it way more. But he won a champions league. Id say hes happy wnough. Although drinking himself off the england team was probably a poor move

1 Like

Meh quality at Villa in the premier league doesnā€™t equate to a whole lot.

Always struck me as a big fish in a small pond.

Think his big moments for city was missing two easy chances v Real Madrid when 5-3 up in a champions league tie. Real Madrid scored two late on and won on penalties.

City copied the old Chelsea model of buying/ signing ridiculous amounts of youth talentā€¦ youā€™ll get 2/3 thatā€™ll play for seniors every few years. But youā€™ll also flog a good clatter of them for good profitā€¦ What theyā€™re offering these young players and their families Iā€™ve no idea but itā€™s one way they went to help beat ffp. Itā€™s still sports washing but just a different model.

Every club is surely trying to sign young players. Chelsea took it to a huge level ten years ago tbf.

Of courseā€¦ But City went ridiculous the last few years. Think they had nearly 30 u21s out on loan last year aloneā€¦ Theyā€™ve been fined a couple of times for breaches relating to payments around signing young players . Think theyā€™ve made nearly 500m from sales of youth players with most having never played for the senior team.

It stinks.

Paddy footix knows more about football than Pep :joy:

1 Like

Rico bro

Will the Lassana Diarra case bring down transfer market as we know it? Will the Lassana Diarra case bring down transfer market as we know it? | Fifa | The Guardian

Interesting article here