2024 All Ireland Hurling Championship

Ah it’s a load of bollocks.

It would make little difference if he plays or doesn’t.

Funny thing is a few days before the Galway game last year he said wod was centre back and he was spot on but I dismissed it off hand :sweat_smile:

I do tend to agree against cork we could be better off with two traditional centre backs as cork would really go after Nash in the air.

1 Like

If Limerick aren’t fit to replace a Barry Nash they’re in worse shape than they’re trying to convince us they are

I can confirm that as of last week he was fit enough to accept a complimentary car from a sponsor…don’t tell anyone I telt you

3 Likes

Automatic though :joy:

4 Likes

What’s that?
Excuse me just spotted it

1 Like

https://twitter.com/thepmanofficial/status/1808596783645524062?t=oNrRh1Yht_I_LhjncCQpFw&s=19

That Romer seems a nasty piece of work. And for a kit man to be piping up on playing matters…

1 Like

Is Ciaran O’Neill from Doora Barefield?

Very likely “The P-man” has swallowed a tall tale and ran to print it here

1 Like

I have one ticket available for Dalo’s podcast special at the Silver Springs on Thursday night.

Bought for €30, will sell for €20.

1 Like

The only decent preview I could find with some balance was treaty talk with Matt o Callaghan and Tom Clancy.

Second captains was a load of rubbish waffling on about what hurling means to cork city with Jamie wall :yawning_face:

1 Like

In the few days after the round robin game between Limerick and Cork it looked like a semi final clash was inevitable and the hype was incredible but the fizz has been taken out of it for whatever reason. Everything seems a little muted now.

In the round robin / Munster final wins we’ve had three all Ireland semi finals and lost one. The two wins were against a very average Galway side where we didn’t play great. We did have a belter of a second half last year but if we do something similar v cork it would be a lot more difficult to come back against them.

I do think we’ll have to put in our best semi final performance and that will be tricky and it might cost us even if we do get over the line.

I expect Flanagan to start and it’s a choice between DOD / CON for me.

I genuinely think the Limerick squad are starting rumours or at least fuelling them. I reckon Nash will start along with Finn. Wouldn’t shock me to see Caroline Currid on the bench either.

From a cork pov I think o Flynn and Joyce are back which is huge. The issue they have is they’ll have to go short regularly to pull Limerick out of position before they go long off puck outs and that’ll put their backs under immense pressure.

They coughed up two goals v Limerick from turn overs and if they do that in croke park I’m not sure they’ll bounce back like they did in Puc. It’s a different sort of pressure.

I think that’s the huge plus for Limerick. Cork aren’t stupid to target Kyle hayes so Limerick know it’s coming between Byrnes and hannon and they can plan accordingly. I expect kiely and kinnerk to have figured this out. It looked like lynch was used v Waterford and it’s possible he’ll be asked to do something similar this time around.

Limerick by a few points but I hope it’s a classic the summer needs it.

It might feel like things have changed a bit from years ago but there are newspaper articles every day, rumours (highly unlikely to be started by the team), loads of podcasts. Go to any pub or match and there will be talk of the semi-final. About 80k tickets have been sold.

I expect Flanagan to start also but wouldn’t be too surprised either way. I had a small bet on SOB to be first goal scorer the last day, his chance came nearly too early. PP seem to have made their mind up on the selection anyway, SOB is priced and Flanagan is not.

1 Like

I’d be very surprised if Flanagan does not start

Ref can’t let them away with those fast puckouts this time

1 Like

I do think a lot of people thought it might be closer to a 50/50 game a few weeks ago.

The life was sucked out of a lot of the teams after the Munster final performance

1 Like

The long and the short of it is Cork cleaned Limerick out on their long puckout with a strong breeze below in PUC. If the wind doesn’t blow straight down the field, which it rarely does in CP then Cork will have less opportunity to put Byrnes & Hannon on the back foot.

Secondly and most importantly both Byrnes & Hannon have regained their form, probably not at their peak but Hannon could have been MOTM in the Munster final and Byrnes is back striking the ball better from dead balls again. You may even see Kinnerk instruct his half back line to abandon their zonal set up on occasion to stop the Cork goal threat.

Another benefit for Limerick is they get DOD back on the field for his deliveries. Lynch hasn’t been playing well and WOD is not the best distributor inside. DOD can allow Gillane to bring his game to another level.

On the whole SOB/Flanagan debate, I sense that SOB definitely deserves a start but the overall balance of the forward line is better with Flanagan due to his selfless running off the ball to create space for Gillane et al.

So much went well for Cork below in PUC, they got the rub of the green in front of a partisan home crowd, their last two displays would worry me.

Limerick by 7+ pulling up.

10 Likes

Limerick by 12. I’m only going up for the shopping and because I’ve a flight the next day.

1 Like