2024 All Ireland Hurling Championship

You’d reckon a break for the internet would do you the world of good it’s sad to see really.

I’ve literally no idea what you are on about

You’re like the boys in Plato’s cave.

2 Likes

I think you might have mixed me up with
Somebody else but that sounds a bit creepy but I’m completely lost

Harnedy and dalton don’t have the legs for much more than 50 minutes. You see in the round robin game Limerick get a foot hold as they tire.

I assume lynch will drop into a roaming role. So cork will have a spare man of sorts. If cork do push up and leave Limerick two v two inside it’ll very ugly quick.

No two backs can stop gillane and Flanagan. Not in that space.

4 Likes

Dalton will put Kyle on his arse in the first ten minutes and we’ll go from there

2 Likes

Whatever about anything else that absolutely won’t happen. You’re talking a generational player against a good player.

3 Likes

Ones a cart horse the other is an arc horse

2 Likes

It’s just levels.

Limerick a distant 4th in the graphics wars. Between this and the Nash news everything is stacked against us.

https://twitter.com/CraicOfTheAsh/status/1809153595561975890?s=08

2 Likes

I presume that limerick graphic is a piss take at this stage, a sort of in joke

Hopefully both semi-finals will be good games.

Clare have been playing with a gun to their heads for a couple of seasons now and I fear they could end up pulling the trigger on themselves yet again. They seem to have stumbled onto their best team, although Taylor remains a loss. They have plenty players that can cause KK problems but the big elephant in the rooms remains their lack of sideline smarts.

They match up well against Kilkenny in most areas and you’d wonder do they actually have to resort to the inevitable gimmickry at all (dummy teams, bizarre positional switches, etc) They have enough to go toe-to-toe and win. Back to simple basics may well be their best approach.

KK will do what it says on the tin. They’re coming in fresher than Clare and have had the Indian sign on them recently. There are question marks over the likes of Richie Reid but there are none over their approach and workrate. They also have some excellent and skilful forwards and I’ll give them the nod based on this.

Can Cork do it twice? Have Limerick gone up another 20% or so since they met in May and have Cork remained static in the interim?

Cork are probably best placed to challenge for titles over the coming years but this may be a step too far. I cannot see Byrnes and Hannon being as ineffective as they were in PUC - Lynch has been pretty much carrying out the DOD role since apart from the difference in distribution. Will Cork change tack and try and carry it through the half-back line? It’s a risk as they’ll be eaten if Limerick turn them over there, but it’s a risk with a potential reward.

Limerick have picked the right team. Better to start Flanagan and withdraw him than having to bring him on. The bench is palpably stronger than Cork’s and Croke Park suits them like a second home. Limerick to win down the stretch.

7 Likes

Animated GIF

1 Like

If we had a good graphics man we could be looking at eight or nine in a row.

Dalton needs to give kyle another slap into the balls…and if the umpires continue to give Collins a sliothar before they signal a point or a wide they should win pulling up.

1 Like

Could it be like the Easter rising Sunday and cork dont turn up at all in Dublin on Sunday ?

It would be the ultimate humiliation for the Limerick’s if they lost twice in one year to a bunch of Fancy Dan’s and showponies from Cork.

It couldn’t possibly happen, could it?

2 Likes

Really,for what?

I just can’t see that Cork half back line holding up in Croker. They will need Fitz, Barrett, Connolly and a couple others to shoot the lights out to have any chance here

1 Like

For all the talk of the new cork forwards, you’d worry for them if harnedy had to go off early