2024 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

I was bricking it watching lynch in the league final. And I’m not even from derry.

@Alphakrul1 we believed

Oh and fuck Bogue

1 Like

Christ I missed a statement of intent from Donegal by the looks of it. Looking forward to watching it back on the highlights. Jim McGuinness is something else. He has that mystique. Lads second guessing what he’ll come up with next. Not the end of world for Derry in this system. They’ll regroup. 3 in a row in Ulster is extremely difficult to achieve. Even McGuinness first iteration came unstuck in 2013 against Monaghan.

1 Like

We said it here weeks ago Derry would get broke up playing Donegal Tyrone and Armagh just to win an Ulster . They won’t give a fcuk about tonight

2 Likes

Yeah very similar to Mayo last year. They’ll be happy enough to take the break before the Round Robin. It’s a cod of a system really where a defeat like that has no ramifications. In the past they’d be worried about drawing the likes of a Monaghan in Clones or even Westmeath away in the first round of the qualifiers.

2 Likes

A team needs to play in a woefully naive way for them to use it though. Just as in 2014, a small bit of organisation would be enough to nullify a lot of what was tried this evening. A few of them Donegal lads likely to be shown up a bit short of the standard as the summer goes on.

2 Likes

They are guaranteed to face a provincial winner in the round robin now, they would have wanted to avoid that.

Agree totally.

Derry weren’t beaten tonight by fitter, faster, stronger, technically better footballers. They were destroyed tactically which is easier to take and easier to rectify. That’ll teach em.

I wouldn’t trust Donegal to seal the deal in Ulster.

@Cheasty where in the Ulster Finals power rankings would a Donegal v Armagh Final rank?

1 win from 3 will more than likely be enough to secure a preliminary quarter-final place. Although Armagh were the only group winner who failed to win a quarter-final last year against a team coming off a quick turnaround.

If it’s the same as last year though you play last game of the round robin, preliminary AIQF and QF on 3 consecutive weeks - that’s not an ideal way to go chasing Sam.

I’d say they’ll all have a good laugh at Big Lynchy tonight over a few pints.

1 Like

The Derry hype train has come to a sudden halt.

And they compared these frauds to the likes of Dublin and Kerry. Don’t mind the fkn league, aren’t we all blue in the face of saying it.

Derry have still a bit to go till they join the big dogs.

1 Like

They should’ve beaten Kerry in last years semi-final sure. Left it behind them late on.

Pity you didn’t tell dublin before they had a complete meltdown

They should have a Saturday Game highlights show tonight. There’s 5 provincial hurling games to cover tomorrow night too. The Joe McDonagh won’t get a look in.

3 Likes

Yes mate, thats correct, the shitty joe macdonagh that nobody cares about wont get a look in

The least successful manager of the charlotte kickers in the 6 division of american football has a mystique?

1 Like

Be great if Woolie had his show tonight

Bro?

1 Like

Derry had momentum and now they don’t. They look a tired out fit to me.

I wouldn’t have much faith in Mickey Harte regathering the troops.