2024 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

The Derry hype train has come to a sudden halt.

And they compared these frauds to the likes of Dublin and Kerry. Don’t mind the fkn league, aren’t we all blue in the face of saying it.

Derry have still a bit to go till they join the big dogs.

1 Like

They should’ve beaten Kerry in last years semi-final sure. Left it behind them late on.

Pity you didn’t tell dublin before they had a complete meltdown

They should have a Saturday Game highlights show tonight. There’s 5 provincial hurling games to cover tomorrow night too. The Joe McDonagh won’t get a look in.

3 Likes

Yes mate, thats correct, the shitty joe macdonagh that nobody cares about wont get a look in

The least successful manager of the charlotte kickers in the 6 division of american football has a mystique?

1 Like

Be great if Woolie had his show tonight

Bro?

1 Like

Derry had momentum and now they don’t. They look a tired out fit to me.

I wouldn’t have much faith in Mickey Harte regathering the troops.

The ramifications are the possible, nay probable loss of faith of the Derry team in Mickey Harte.

Before his appointment by Derry Harte was widely seen as a spent force and that view would very likely have been held by a lot of the Derry team themselves.

You can survive a narrow or unlucky defeat but a defeat where you are so tactically destroyed on your own pitch is a hard one to come back from at this stage in a manager’s career.

Jim Gavin could do it because he had already won an All-Ireland and had already revolutionised the Dublin set up in a short time.

Tyrone lost to Monaghan last year and at the time it didn’t look there were real ramifications, but there were, and Tyrone never raised a gallop in that championship.

That will do Derry no harm at all really. Stupid fucking format

1 Like

Commiserations @glenshane. A tough one to swallow today but it’s not necessarily fatal to your overall chances. I was very surprised that the US House of Representatives approved the multi-billion dollar aid package to Ukraine but let’s see what transpires over the next few months. Hard luck in the Ulster championship clash this evening too.

14 Likes

In Two of his 3 all Ireland wins with Tyrone they were beaten in the province

2 Likes

Mickey Harte has won two All Ireland’s through the back door and reached another final and various Semi Finals.

Once he retains the support of the Slaughtneil and Glen lads, the rest will fall into line and they’ll be grand.

They know they’ll have to beat Kerry and Dublin at some stage to win the All Ireland and tonight doesn’t change that.

1 Like

Like I said, it’s the league. Nobody will remember that come July if and when Derry don’t win Sam.

I have it at number 5. I have it behind Tyrone v Derry which is #4 but no Tyrone v Derry Ulster final has happened in my lifetime.

The 1993 drawn Ulster semi-final is the definitive Donegal v Armagh clash.

1 Like

To be fair the senior players basically managed the team for most of last years championship. Ciaran Meenagh copied whatever tactics he could remember from the Rory Gallagher era. Mickey Harte is a significant improvement on that (not Gallagher). Probably the best appointment available once they couldn’t poach Malachy from the Glen.

Meenagh had been working with Gallagher though and was not going to deviate from what Gallagher had been doing. There would have been an understanding between the team and Meenagh that he was being pressed into service in circumstances he didn’t like, that they’d give it everything for the remaining two/two and a half months of the championship.

Harte is an outsider in every way. It could go off the rails. There was always that risk. That said, it was always going to be very difficult for Derry to go through Ulster this year and then go onto win the All-Ireland, especially having gone full tilt at the League and following on from Glen winning the All-Ireland, following on from two full on years under Gallagher.

The break could do them good. They might be able to fall back on the confidence built up by beating Dublin and running Kerry to the bitter end last year. Then again, it might not.

If the fixture schedule is the same as last year, they’ll be away to a provincial winner in the first game of the round robin, and that could mean two defeats on the bounce. Or it could mean revenge over Jimmy.

The situation is fluid.

It must be said that Gallagher did effectively manage the team through to end last year. He spoke to Meenagh daily and his brother Ronan Gallagher remained part of the backroom team and had a prominent sideline role.

I think they’ve got past the whole “Harte being an outsider” thing though.

Winning the League took precedence over Ulster this year and that was achieved. They went to Kerry and won and went to Croke Park and played Dublin off the field. I’d be astonished if they dont end up in the All Ireland Semi Final at least.

1 Like

Derry supporters humble and gracious in defeat. We’ll be supporting you on your journey through the summer.

A warm and exciting day in Celtic Park. Great town to spend a day.

2 Likes