2024 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

Extra time at Breffni!

Embarrassing finish to extra-time by Cavan. Drive it in ffs sake

Philly McMahon’s reaction summed it up.

“Jesus…”

1 Like

No, no they wouldn’t have.

https://twitter.com/KeysColm/status/1782822571617997097

He’d no doubt be delighted of course, but it would be just Colm Collins luck that Clare would go on and win it this year. That Kerry side are eminently beatable and Jack O looks a dead man walking.

Don’t make me tap the sign

1 Like

Not this year. Jack has run out of road. He signed away his soul when he invited the Tyrone charlatan into the Palace and the Kingdom is coming crashing down.

What are the permutations in this at this stage? Is it set in stone the 16 teams who will be playing for Sam? @Cheasty @Aertel220

Three games this weekend decide it.

Down v Armagh
Kildare v Louth
Dublin v Offaly

The teams that stand to lose out are, in order, Westmeath, Louth and Cork, in that order.

If one of Down, Kildare or Offaly wins, that team nudges Westmeath out and into the Terry Anderson (RIP) Cup.

If Down, Kildare and Dublin (!) win, Westmeath and Louth go into the Tony Tucker Cup.

If Down, Louth and Offaly win, Westmeath and Cork are banished to the Talladega Nights Cup.

If Armagh, Kildare and Offaly win, Westmeath and Louth disappear to the Tiny Teapot Cup.

If Down, Kildare and Offaly win, Westmeath, Louth and Cork enter the purgatory of the Tarmacadam Cup.

Personally I find it difficult to see Offaly beat Dublin so I think Cork are safe enough anyway.

3 Likes

This is one of the worst games I’ve ever seen

3 Likes

It’s up there with Kildare v Fermanagh (2008) as the worst 1st half I’ve seen I’d say. At least Dublin v Donegal in 2011 was intriguing.

1 Like

Calling @Cheasty! Typically tight, tense & cagey Ulster championship fare here. Delightful own goal but what a response by Armagh to level it at 0-5 to 1-2 at half time. Tremendous stuff.

1 Like

A classic slowburner of an Ulster championship match unfolding and RTE have URC rugby coming up, TG4 have Rugbai beo and France are playing England in womens rugby on Virgin. Fuck right off ye cunts.

6 Likes

Armagh’s bench should win this for them.

The jersey clash here is a headwreck

Shoulder of the season contender there

That is abysmal from Laverty. I’d have put it over myself.

You’d not bother paying a licence for 3 (bad) rugby games on at the same time on terrestrial of a championship Saturday evening

1 Like

Bogball is world famous

https://twitter.com/Michael_NFL/status/1784269422942949522?t=P9196LXEFWai2grbqpAAzg&s=19

Someone was trying to claim on here that Gaelic footballers were never more skillful than they are now. It wasn’t that Laverty kicked the ball wide, that can happen to anyone, it was that he gave a very strong impression from the moment he claimed the mark that he had never attempted to kick a ball between 2 posts before in his life.
Decent effort by Down and unlucky not to be in an Ulster final in 2 weeks. However if they are to be competitive in the Tailteann they will need to improve a fair bit from today.

2 Likes