2024 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

The jersey clash here is a headwreck

Shoulder of the season contender there

That is abysmal from Laverty. I’d have put it over myself.

You’d not bother paying a licence for 3 (bad) rugby games on at the same time on terrestrial of a championship Saturday evening

1 Like

Bogball is world famous

https://twitter.com/Michael_NFL/status/1784269422942949522?t=P9196LXEFWai2grbqpAAzg&s=19

Someone was trying to claim on here that Gaelic footballers were never more skillful than they are now. It wasn’t that Laverty kicked the ball wide, that can happen to anyone, it was that he gave a very strong impression from the moment he claimed the mark that he had never attempted to kick a ball between 2 posts before in his life.
Decent effort by Down and unlucky not to be in an Ulster final in 2 weeks. However if they are to be competitive in the Tailteann they will need to improve a fair bit from today.

2 Likes

Armagh could get steamrolled in the final.

That last line makes little sense. They’ve just lost to a top 10 team by a point but you reckon they need to improve to be competitive in the Tailteann? Sure they’ll be one of the favourites alongside Kildare (if they lose tomorrow) and Westmeath.

If Kildare lose tomorrow Westmeath are in Sam Maguire?

It was some shambles of an attempt. Blazed is the word. Or hooked. Or dragged. He just wasn’t settled over the ball & wildly swung at it.

Oh that’s true actually. Even less competition for Down in the Tailteann if that comes to pass. Laverty would expect to be winning it really.

1 Like

Ah down will be warm favourites. They should have beaten Westmeath in the d3 final are a nice bit better than Kildare on current form

Yeah he didn’t want to know about it. It was a 30 yard kick at most, slight angle and his default position was to look backwards. Pathetic stuff. I’m convinced some players are told to not shoot under any circumstances. They deserved to lose for that alone and the score to win it by Armagh was a peach.

2 Likes

Don’t overthink it, was just a little jibe at Ulster football. I’m sick listening to fellas tell me how hard it is for Ulster teams compared to ever other province, yet a fairly rubbish Down outfit who have been well beat by Westmeath and Meath on their last 2 trips to Croke Park were minutes away from an Ulster final. Il be delighted if they win it and will be at most games, but they are likely to be short of what’s required again.

1 Like

I wouldnt mind Armagh wore their change the last day for no reason

1 Like

It’s not that he is told not to shoot, it is that he has no technique at all to kick the ball. Pierce can run all day and drag out of a fella, that’s the first requirement for the modern footballer and he is good at it. He has custom made shorts to emphasise his gym thighs - Pierce is well aware of his strengths and weaknesses which was to his detriment when lining up that shot as he knew what was about to happen.

2 Likes

No Patton…

This donegal team have sweet damn all. Tyrone will walk this.

The Ulster Chsmpionship is just class.

@Cheasty

Great intensity here. Hard to see it if it wasn’t neighbouring counties looking to get to a final.

Then compare to the dross in Croke Park,

1 Like

Jimmys winning matches