2024 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

The All-Ireland football semi-final between Galway and Donegal has been confirmed for Sunday week, July 14th at 4pm in Croke Park.
The other semi-final between Kerry and Armagh is on Saturday, July 13th at 5.30pm in Croke Park and is preceded by the Tailteann Cup final between Down and Laois at 3pm.

3 Likes

They have big, mobile men that can play ball. Mulkerrin, Maher, Conroy, Tierney (who has yet to turn it on), McDaid and Comer. Add to the that the tigerishness of the corner and wing backs and you’ve a really solid platform.

2 Likes

Liked Shea as a throwback centre forward taking on scores. Don’t think he’s as natural in the inside forward line.

Joyce reminds me of Zidane as a Manager.

Probably not a tactical genius but the players have total respect for him because of his standing in the game and he has a total love for Galway Football that shines through in his team.

12 Likes

That’s a very good analogy. Probably not a master technician, but demands total respect just on account of who he is.

3 Likes

Hurson rode Galway ever so slightly in 2022. The call against John Daly on Killian Spillane, when the teams were level coming down the home stretch, gave me nightmares.

2 Likes

That sounds like a fairly idiotic take

1 Like

Like Lohan in Clare too.

Its better to have that and have the players running through walls for you than be a tactical genius who can’t get the dressing room to buy into you.

5 Likes

Lohan got the Clare job a few years too late really.

Lovely

Only an idiot would think that was idiotic

Not a chance Lohan would have won the all Ireland they won with Davy in 2013. They might have some comparatively better in the years after alright.

I mean the bit of time maybe a couple of years later when Davy had soured them and Kinnerk was gone. That kind of time period. Davy was brilliant in 13 in fairness to him.

Yeah agree there. But sure then they’d have been diving out he didn’t have them playing like Davy and didn’t Davy win an all Ireland with them and he’d be a god forever more.

1 Like

I’d prefer if the Sunday fixture was 3.30pm as per tradition but i guess nothing like that is sacred anymore.

1 Like

Fair play to you. Thats serious dedication to your craft.

I’m an old dinosaur about these kind of things.

In a way, and in another way, you’re a beautifully innocent aul gasún and its adorable.

The All Ireland Football thread and you have lads arguing about Davy v Lohan. This place is for the birds.

Dylan McHugh looks like he is the best footballer Corofin have produced at intercounty level, he is a classy operator. Mulkerrins was about to establish himself in the starting 15 a few years back but got an awful injury that kept him out for over a year. He can play a bit but has more bite than is typical of a Galway footballer, must be the island bit in him.

7 Likes