2024 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

The Madeline McCann thread is worth a read the time the lads went to war over Tony Kelly on it.

1 Like

Mad to think McHugh couldn’t start a Club All Ireland for Corofin in 2020 when he’d have been 23 going on 24 I reckon.

Was that injury related though? He came on as a sub in 2018 and started in 2019.

Think he was just dropped that year. Came on for a few minutes in the semi final too v Nemo.

As the late great Paraic Farrelly always said, ‘Corofin, 2017-2020, greatest Club Football team ever’

2 Likes

Would knowledgeable lads here have galway slight favourites based on being in the final 2 years ago as well as being more consistent than donegal over last few years.
It looked like donegal didn’t get out of 2nd or 3rd gear yesterday. They have pace and power all over the field and scores coming from all over. Definitely a game where whoever wins it won’t be a surprise.

1 Like

Depends on injuries, who we can get on the field and more importantly who we can keep on the field. Kelly definitely out I’d say and has to be serious doubts over Walsh.

Walsh looked bolloxed at half time on Saturday yet came out for the second half. Then it took him an age to go off towards the end. Seems to love the attention.

He’s a strange type of guy - I predict him to start against Donegal.

You forgot to mention the McGuinness factor.

But this match is very hard to call I feel.

1 Like

He was brilliant on Saturday tbf. The first point was a beauty, aided by the Hill starting to boo it before it swung back in. He executed a great turnover just as his leg appeared to lock up entirely.

1 Like

Couldnt believe he came out for the second half myself. Don’t know if it came across on the tv but he didn’t just limp off at halftime he literally couldn’t walk.

Seemed to be his ankle was the problem but before he went off his hamstring seemed to be getting treatment.

Strange sort no doubt but also no doubting his genius.

1 Like

Maybe he was playing possum

I think Galway might just edge out Donegal. Be surprised if there was more than a point in in though. A game which is a live contender to go to a penalty competition.

We haven’t yet had an All-Ireland final place decided in this manner I expect it would cause quite a bit of controversy.

Was listening to Michael Murphy on Second Captains earlier and unless he was acting the cute Donegal hoor he didn’t sound particularly confident of Donegal beating Galway. Seemed to suggest that Donegal don’t have the markers to hold the Galway forwards (provided they are fit to play).

I think Galway probably have more high end quality available to them alright but again you have to consider the McGuinness factor. And the injuries.

Don’t really need the markers when you’ve 14 back

Like every team in Ireland now.

Just noticed looking at the donegal scorers yesterday they got far more from backs and midfield than their forwards. I think 3 of their forwards didn’t score from play.
I’d say galway definitely have more to come off the bench than donegal.

Two very significant factors.

1 Like

Jesus - Lahiff :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Thankfully BBC NI covering both semi finals