2024 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

All the hype is on big Jim and you boys. The fairytale ending is within reach. Big Jim stating he knew PJ very well and relished taking him on really means he thinks PJ is a simpleton and he has his number.

1 Like

It’s like Pep saying how highly he rated Eddie Howe

1 Like

What song rang out on the tannoy at full time when Galway won?

N17 after Armagh 2022 was iconic but i have a fondness for Galway Bay myself.

Ah, I’d doubt that. They’re close friends from the time they spent together in Tralee. Jim might be a deeper thinker and better tactician but PJ has more individually talented members in his squad. We have a unit, with some very good players but a lot of lads who are just drilled to fit a system as opposed to being natural elite talents. I don’t think that the injuries and fitness of Walsh and Comer can be significantly bettered in the short two week turnaround and if they cant, we’ll probably win. If they do miraculously clear up, then I’d make it a 50/50 match.

2 Likes

It was ‘Glory Days’ by Mayo man Bruce Springsteen. N17 followed. Due to the geographic positioning of the famous road, the road out to Tuam/Corofin etc, the song is pure Galway football.

1 Like

Brewing Up A Storm by The Stunning was the song the moment called for. Then something by the Saw Doctors like The Green And Red Of Mayo.

The most suitable saw doctor song for mayo would “To win just once”

1 Like

I would have said Ten Green Bottles except it’s eleven.

I’m torn by Glory Days. Its kind of iconic but i still preferred when the County Song came on immediately at the final whistle.

The Auld Triangle in 2016 after Butsy Daly’s iconic block being a classic of this genre.

1 Like

It’s well played out. The GAA have a repertoire of four or five popular music songs they play at matches which need to go.

We don’t need to hear the opening chords of Pride by U2 again.

If Armagh win it should be Orange Crush by REM followed by The Sash followed by Don’t Sit Under That Apple Tree.

Those U2 songs they have are brutal.

MAGNIFICENT

I wouldn’t mind too much if they played something decent or non-completely played out by U2 like Zoo Station as an atmosphere builder or A Celebration afterwards but, like the shittiest marketing men they are they go for the blandest possible choices.

They played The Black Eyed Peas when Derry won the minor last year when even a slow witted simpleton from Dungiven could have picked out Teenage Picks.

1 Like

I wish they’d fuck off and stop playing music at all. It comes in way too soon and drowns out fan noise and kills the atmosphere.

1 Like

Love will tear us apart was a nice way to bookend the Hall of Famers.

Matches regularly being restarted after half time with Let’s Dance still booming out of the speakers gives me serious ire.

10 Likes

They have another snippet that they use, like entry music for each team, Limerick always seem to get Let’s Dance. It’s putrid stuff. Convinced this stuff is let by some marketing or events wonk with no background in GAA.

I dont mind that at all and think its added a bit of bigness to the thing. Trouble with a Capital T too is grand for Team 1 coming out after half time. Familiarity is great.

Likewise adding Takaka Rain pre game was probably the best thing the GAA have done in my years going to games.

Magnificent by U2 at Full time is absolutely awful but apart from that Milton and the lads in Croker have got a fair bit right when it comes to the match day playlist in recent times.

Even the more recent change to Glory Days by Bruce Springsteen has shown innovation.

I’d bring back May We Never Have to Say Goodbye 5 minutes after Full Time though all the same.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/WhosAdrianBarry/status/1808836977371848723?t=3j978t-AzIhA8xAGjehnsA&s=19

3 Likes

You’d swear they were dead. They’ll probably win it next year

5 Likes

Not a hope. Davy’s going to burst all the footballs