2024 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

Cork beat what turned out to be the greatest team of all time in the semi final

I actually thought Armagh were one of the worst teams to reach a final. Not anymore but they are definitely the worst team I’ve seen win. Throne won Ulster in 2021.

Armagh won that all Ireland the only way they could with 15 behind the ball and playing counter attack.They have some excellent footballers,RON is a beast and a savage baller and I think their best player this year.But Galway left that one behind them,13 wides and several shots into the keepers hands tells it’s one story

6 Likes

You mustn’t remember the game…he was excellent. Goulding got MOTM he kicked 9 or 10 points from frees and 45s

1 Like

Goulding was a fine footballer

4 Likes

He was very good

Still playing away for Eire Og. Half that team still are I reckon

At the time they weren’t though.99 Meath were no great shakes either when they won,the last sting of a dying wasp really

O’Connor was arguably the key moral symbol in Cork’s All-Ireland final win the previous September and he still finished the year without an All-Star.

From the Irish Times

1 Like

Paddy Kelly too,they had a lot of decent footballer’s

1 Like

Donncha still playing as well and he 44 I’d say

2 Likes

He was one of my favourite footballers growing up. He got injured a lot.

1 Like

Pearse O’Neill still playing for Aghada

2 Likes

Your man Kerrigan was irritable fucker but a
Good footballer.

Didn’t shields pack it in young too?

1 Like

You might wanna go back and watch the second half especially

1 Like

Limerick should have bate Cork that year. Lost after extra time. That was a fine Limerick side TBF

3 Likes

Still a Kerrigan lining out for Nemo atm

Saturday evening game wasn’t it? I think we missed a penalty to win it

1 Like

And that Limerick team wasn’t as good as the mid noughties Limerick team to me.

Tom O’ Sullivan could’ve put the game beyond doubt with that goal chance that he blazed wide too.

1 Like