2024 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

Colin Corkery has been elevated to team of the milenium too, great wins for Cork yesterday

Cork surely!!!

I think people are being a bit harsh on Armagh tbh; what they do have is a good spread of scorers. Rian O’Neill is their elite forward who can kick from way out but they had a few other players who kicked fine scores yesterday: Crealey, Oisin O’Neill, etc.

On paper the likes of Kerry have a fine team but, in reality, rely way too much on Clifford pulling out magic moments to win games. Presumably due to the way they are set up.

1 Like

They had Armagh bet without Clifford raising a gallop only for Ryan handing Armagh a goal

2 Likes

In your opinion. Are they any worse than cork 2010 or tyrone 2021?
Doubht they’ll be as bad as tyrone have been since 2021 in next year or 2.
They had a better bench than any other county, kerry or dublin included.

1 Like

Cork 2010 were a solid side, they’d Graham Canty, peak Colm O Neill, that lad Crowley who played AFL after, Donnacha o Connor and a host of animals around the middle.

I’d have them over this Armagh side every day of the week.

4 Likes

Ciaran Sheehan?

I agree, I think they were a fine team

But they regularly win that award on TFK :grinning:

Ah stop, there was barely a footballer there outside DOC.

They were beaten in the quarter final the following year by Mayo, and in the semis by Donegal in 2012.

We’ll see what Armagh do in future years but that Cork team was nothing much to write home about.

Handy All Ireland there for Kerry next year if they get sense. Could involve playing Clifford further out or in a free role.

Fitz will figure it out once he’s saved football

1 Like

That Cork team could never get near Kerry in Croke Park. Soft All Ireland for them. None of the final pairing were ever seen again. Down did the slaying of Kerry for Cork in the QF, albeit a Kerry side denuded of players through suspensions and injuries.

In fairness, DOC had a blinder of a game and almost single handedly drove Cork over the line.

1 Like

Shur DOC was half Kerry, Twas no surprise

:rofl:

Daniel Goulding got MOTM in the 2010 final,

I don’t recall O’Connor doing anything special in that match,

1 Like

There seemed to be a school of thought that Counihan had them playing a pragmatic style which meant the handbrake was left on too often. Kev and a handful of others were full sure than once he moved on Cork would seriously kick on.

The arse completely fell out of them for a decade once Counihan stood aside.

5 Likes

That’s more down to that eejit Cubby that replaced him than anything special Counihan was doing

They still reached two other all Ireland finals and beat tyrone in 09 I think.

2 Likes

Kev was very anti Counihan due to his east cork roots

He’ll bring in a your not allowed to mark David Clifford rule