2024 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

Who was that now? McGeeney?

That lad from Tyrone has hardly kicked a ball since FOTY 2021.

2 Likes

Yeah they were decent,
From memory they bate a decent Tipp team before they met Cork
And missed a last minute clear point chance to draw

Oh FFS I got it wrong ref dates ,my comments below were of a match the last 2/ 4 year’s :roll_eyes:

Mc Cambridge i believe

Rubbish

1 Like

I seem to remember Jarlath Burns on the Sunday Game one night around 2015 reminding the Armagh public that 2002 and the period either side of it was an outlier. That Armagh were an average enough team for the majority of their history. Geezer was fortunate that the backdoor existed or I think he’d have probably been forced out years ago. I think they won just 2 games in the Ulster SFC in his first 7 seasons and didn’t win 2 in succession until last year.

They’d have been ranked below Dublin, Derry, Kerry, Mayo, Galway and Donegal coming into the championship. The OTB power rankings probably would have had them 7th or 8th at best.

1 Like

Michael Shields is still playing intermediate football with the Barrs

1 Like

After Cork beat future hall of fame Dublin side in the semi final

I think we may be mixed up with Fionan Murray
Barrs man that finished up with Cork far too soon

Armagh since 2022 were the team who never lost but also the team who never won. Armagh have never known any other way to win in Croke Park except to hang on for grim death.

The universal opinion after Sunday’s final was that had it been a Dublin-Armagh final Dublin would have won by 7 or 8 points.

Geezer finally winning Sam as a manager is like Pochettino taking over Spurs again and re-signing Harry Kane and winning the league. It breaks all the unwritten sporting rules. He kept plugging away and plugging away and finally in one year the big teams weren’t at it and the luck ran for him like it finally did for Mick McCarthy against Holland.

Armagh will lose to Down in the Ulster first round next year and meekly exit to Tyrone in the last 12 after losing two round robin group games and struggling over Westmeath by one point in the third one.

The odds of an Armagh/Clare repeat All-Ireland double next year must be 5,000,000/1.

I saw a team sheet on social media recently that had him starting at 14 for the ‘Barrs against Glanmire - looked to be both sides first teams but could be wrong.

Glanmire had a manager, 4 coaches and 4 selectors listed which seemed very excessive.

1 Like

Glanmire are only intermediate but that would be their first team…Barrs 2nds

1 Like

No one mentioned Dublin.

Derry will be absolutely kicking themselves looking at Armagh winning there on Sunday.They blew their load in the league when he should have been resting the Glen lads.

1 Like

Mcgeary 2021 FOTY has been stone useless since. Barely getting in a woeful tyrone team

I thought it was crazy playing the Glen lads a few days after the club final

3 Likes

G stands for Geezer I suppose, R for Rian O’ Neill, W stands for winning Sam Maguire for the Armagh football team. Iconic.

The auld Planxty song P stands for Paddy I suppose