2024 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

Jesus thats absolutely ridiculous that that’s the case. Whatever about getting into it by virtue of a handy draw they should definitely be 4th seeds unless they have a high league placing too.

Or shock horror - the draw shouldn’t be done until after the provincial finals.

Give a two week break then until the groups start.

Why is it ridiculous that provincial finalists are 2nd seeds? It’s perfectly logical. It’s an incentive to reach the provincial final.

Because it’s too dependent on the luck of the draw. The likes of Clare would be delighted to be a 4th seed it’s not really a greater incentive.

So what? The luck of the draw has always been part of the provincial championship and part of cup competitions in all sports worldwide.

Yeah they still get in as 4th seeds because of the luck of the draw

No, they get in as 2nd seeds, which is the way it should be.

How dare you

I love that phrase. There’s such a Victorian smack that child across the face aggressiveness to it.

It’s a kind of one you’d hear a far right mother of three from Coolock shout at Roderic O Gorman on the hustings too

He means starts at 13 a side , not finishes at 13 a side as per Laois club games

5 Likes

Have you decided who’ll win the Anglo Celt @peddlerscross ?

Donegal just win don’t they?

There’s no fucking way Geezer beats Jimmy.

Geezer is a 2020s Mickey Harte-Wenger of the 2010s. Better than most, but not up to the very top end.

Not convinced. Tyrone were almost as badly rattled by a Tailteann cup side in disguise. Derry were shit, but they really shouldn’t have conceded any goals, nevermind four. Jimmy has a knack of harnessing donegal’s mad buck-eejitry …but i think it’ll take at least another year before he has them sorted.

They’ll have a wall and make Armagh think about things and when Armagh have to think about things they usually enter a state of paralysis .

Fair enough. I think jim has crawled inside everyone’s heads, but in the long run they’ve a better chance at sam than armagh. Armagh have a big game in them though…they only lost last year on pelanties

1 Like

I’d like to see Armagh win it . But I think mcguiness looks at skills flaws in the game and sets up accordingly with everything based on turnovers. In 2011 it was that very few teams had players who could kick long range scores and that very few players in defensive positions were comfortable in possession .Now he’s really honing in on the sweeper keeper and how lost a lot of them are when they wander .

McGeeney will win fuck all

https://twitter.com/AdamMoynihan/status/1786289579122671717

1 Like