2024 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

I was only thinking the other day there is so little GAA ‘content’ on the likes of YouTube. Compilations of scores and the likes. That certainly wasn’t one I was thinking was missing :smiley:

Rare example here of sensible GAA fixture making having this game in Ennis.

2 Likes

An awful pity that Pearse Lillis , Keelan Sexton and David Tubridy aren’t playing for Clare today. They’re giving it a respectable rattle thus far. No sign of that tall midfielder O’ Connor either. He must’ve been part of the post-Collins exodus too.

There was a nice Gaelic Stadium type feature on Off The Ball the other night where the Clare camp gave some good access. They seem to have embraced this occasion. Home crowd getting behind them with an FA Cup style atmosphere which is making a material difference to the way the game is going.

That was a lovely passage of play when Clare got back to 10-7 down and the crowd generated a big roar for the resulting kickout and Clare nearly got a goal off it. The roof would have lifted off the shed had that one been buried.

1 Like

Yeah Tommy Rooney is playing for Cratloe now so is giving Clare a little bit of extra exposure. Kerry have looked distinctly average against both Cork and Clare but it’s a long year and don’t need to show too much until after the round robin. In any case I don’t think they quite have IT this year.

When Kerry won the 2006 and 2009 All-Irelands under Jack O’Connor they looked in rag order in July of both years but come August were on it big time.

I wouldn’t read anything into Kerry’s form until at least the last game of the round robin when you’re coming near the time you have to up it. They’re coasting through this period of the season.

1 Like

Tubridy would be about 40 now, it’s Eoin cleary and Jamie Malone that are really being missed… going by Kerry today they would have a real chance

1 Like

Yeah Malone was running the show at wing-forward for Clare in recent years. Himself and Cleary would only be 29/30 as well wouldn’t they? In their prime really. Podge and Sean Collins stepped aside too.

That was a huge chance for McNamara. They need to be converting some of these.

Malone played centre back for Clare last year.

Limerick decided to man-mark him in the championship and it worked.

Easy like Sunday morning for Tom O’Sullivan.

That big midfielder for Clare is like Darwin Nunez, he’s some physical specimen but headless.

This is death by a thousand cuts

Yeah Bohannon. There was a goal chance on the cards when he was striding forward at 0-16 to 0-10 and he completely fluffed it.

Gavin White out cold after being caught flush by Bohannon’s knee.

Some smashing kicking for goal by Clare in this game.

Here in Lahinch, 3 tellys pub packed. 3 watching the game including mesel and Mrs B

Paul Flynn is a pox.

2 Likes

Good finish by Aguero, as Canning calls him.

Hon Ugwueru

Clare could have had a few goals today.