2024 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

The fella on the radio earlier can’t recall who specifically went out of his way to say it was pronounced ‘ban’ as in rule 42 rather than bawn in Donegal

I’m fairly certain they hate everyone outside of Mayo too.

41/1 bet for Jim to lift Sam this year getting closer to being paid out. 5 games left to get over the line.

It would be the greatest managerial achievement of all time if he pulled it off.

1 Like

What about his one win in 25 games at charlotte, hard to underestimate that victory

2 Likes

Lost by 2 points in a semi final in the first year of his maiden term with a team that was ranked 23rd in the country. I wouldn’t completely rule it out. I have little doubt that he has a plan up his sleeve for facing Kerry and Dublin, should we get that far.

I see Donegal are playing again today. Will they ever get a break again?

If they weren’t playing they’d have a challenge match.Are you new to this craic?

1 Like

No we used to have actual championships with the best players playing.

The round robin is basically the Discover Ireland Challenge Match Circuit except in official form. It’s a bit like pirate radio stations suddenly being made legit.

The problem is you can get suspended for any misdemenaours in these “official” matches, so the USP of the Discover Ireland Challenge Match Circuit - the chance of a massive barney in which three players end up with broken jaws - is removed. And thus all we have is insipid football in an insipid format in front of empty stadiums.

1 Like

Donegal get Jimmy’d.

Donegal 0-9 Cork 1-4 HT.

https://twitter.com/germccarthy74/status/1796901924081389881

Cork have just scored two goals in a minute.

Jimmy is getting Mickeyed.

Level

Cork have BEATEN Donegal 3-9 to 0-16 in the cauldron of Christy Ring Park.

Self-hating Ulsterman @Halfpipe will be thrilled.

A senior double for Cork now looks inevitable.

Will topping the group give them a handy run?

I don’t know mate because the draw hasn’t been made yet. It would give them a bye week which seems to be the main advantage.

Tyrone will fancy their chances of making the group a three way tie on 4 points by beating Cork in the final round at a neutral venue.

It’s currently looking like Galway, Dublin, Cork and Kerry to top the groups.

Smart work here from Jimmy. Watch this space.

They will be straight through to the All Ireland quarter final and will avoid a preliminary quarter final,

Donegal need to get rid of mcguinness