2024 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

The preliminary game would have stood to them

Great atmosphere. They might just have happened upon the perfect format. I’d imagine interest will build as it beds in over the next few years. Going to your counties one guaranteed home game per year will become the norm and every match will sell out.

OK Alan

1 Like

https://twitter.com/germccarthy74/status/1796921335668519278?s=46
There are people who genuinely think that scenes like that are bad for football, that the game should have been played in Pearse Stadium or some other godforsaken venue in front of 1500 spectators. But then again there are people who think the Ulster football championship is the highest level of football in the country. The amount of noise them type lunatics can make is incredible.

6 Likes

You’ve completely made that up, mate. :grinning:

Patton was very poor for that goal. He just went back to his line and made the goal as big as possible. Come off your line, man.

Great to see Cork using the handpassed point. If there’s one thing we need more of in Gaelic football, it’s handpassed points. Can you imagine a world without handpassed points (shudders Lionel Hutz style)?

1 Like

They have 1 home game per season and thats all the noise they could make?

That was a good win.

I had a feeling we would put it up to Donegal beforehand in front of a filled Páirc Uí Rinn, but did not think we would win.

A sizeable Donegal crowd were in attendance in fairness to them.

Donegal were poor. Cork were allowed in too easily at times in the second half. When they cough up the ball, they look so vulnerable on a quick counter.

Some bad decision making by both teams at the death made for a frantic finish. McHugh made two very uncharacteristic decisions for kick passes late on.

I find it hard to get overly excited by football. Two very pacy teams today but it was just so pedestrian at times.

1 Like

Nothing I hate more in football than a team playing keep ball in the closing minutes but I was willing Cork to hold it for injury time today

A big win and should build confidence, no reason Cork can’t be competing for the big one within a couple of years

Nope, someone has recognised your gullibility and is feeding you incorrect information there

3 Likes

Jeez there’s a Laois man who’d lose his shit if Alan was amongst us . He has nawful gripe with the round towers man

Looking at that, its not exactly “limbs” that you see all the time in pro sports

I was referring to the lunatics who make noise on the internet about various matters they are incredibly wrong on, rather than the crowd in Cork to be fair. But apologies if you were disappointed that there was no chanting in Scouse and Manc accents.

6 Likes

They’d have no time for football in cork. They think they’re a soccer town

Aaron Kernan wasn’t too happy with Tommy Goals opting for a point in stoppage time. Although when 3 up it was probably the sensible option.

Yet you refuse to say who these people are or what they’re supposedly wrong about.

“THEY are wrong about THAT.”

But neither THEY nor THAT are ever specified.

We have people like you in Ireland, they tend to carry camera phones around with them and scream obscenities at anybody they don’t like, which is everybody.

Aaron was probably one of the most conservative footballers around - he has some neck

1 Like

Half of Fermanagh is water and half of the other half have no interest in gaelic football but they are still able to bate Leix.

2 Likes

Laois are some basket case.

I see Dublin hammered Cavan tonight. It was completely overshadowed by the U20 hurling and the Champions League final.