2024 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

[quote=“johnnysachs, post:116, topic:38029”]
Meath full forward line but they are making runs out to the ball away from goal instead of working width of the field

The easy way of getting possession and portraying the mirage that you’re playing well but as you say it’s not going to suffice at that level. You can wrack up lots of possession in the modern game and do nothing with it. You need inside forwards with an inherent sense of how to make an incisive run.

Mick Fitzsimons is 35. Meath should be able to test him in a “wan on wan inside in the square”.

1 Like

For some reason I think Galway or Tyrone might do something

Christ that Wicklow miss in stoppage time will haunt them for a long time to come. Any bit of composure there and they have Kildare beaten. Reminded me a little bit of Eoin McGrath v Cork in 2007. To compound matters Kildare then went upfield and won it from a hopeless Garryowen attempt that landed short but assisted the winner.

Do Wexford go into the Dame Kiri Te Kanawa Cup now? Is it straight knock out or an attractive champions league format to provide the players with more games?

Groups of 4 like last year I think. 1st goes directly into a quarter-final and 2nd and 3rd head for the preliminary quarter-final. Should have a reasonable attempt at the Tailteann Cup this year. A semi-final is definitely tangible.

2 Likes

McGuinness charisma?? You must be thinking of a different McGuinness. What about dessie Dolan?

An outside chance of getting absolutely annihilated by the Dubs in a Leinster Final gone a begging too.

1 Like

Laois beat themselves against the biff cunts.

Very true. They could’ve reached a first Leinster final in living memory. Albeit they’d have probably lost by 26 points to Dublin. Followed by defeats to Kerry, Donegal and Roscommon in the Sam Maguire round robin.

Dublin have exclusive rights on drawing Roscommon in round robins.

1 Like

15K attendance in Fitzgerald stadium. Not too bad, I suppose.

Sligo went 0-4 to 0-0 up on Galway. 7-5 to Sligo now.

Is that live on any platform? Lively enough start in Killarney with an early Cork goal.

No, only radio.

GAA GO

Cork up 4pts and took a point twice when there was half a goal chance

Cor very plucky so far

bigger crowd at this than I envisaged

15k tickets sold.

The foul Mooney gave Clifford there :joy::joy:

1 Like

He’s given Kerry a rake of soft ones.

What station?

GAAGO pal

1 Like