2024 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

Imagine if Clifford missed that free Con missed

You can hear people chatting

One of them made a good point about pedestrianisation in Dublin city centre and I found myself nodding along in agreement.

2 Likes

I was talking to a diehard dub fan on Friday. He said this would be a tough game…i genuinely think he genuinely believed it. Maybe he was talking about getting out of bed in time to watch it

Only if you’re watching it.

Cian Ward have an exhibition of point scoring late on in that 2007 draw. As I’ve said before, Jim Gavin’s appointment in the autumn of 2012 finished the Leinster football championship as a competitive spectacle. That 2012 final was a tight enough affair.

Pete mcgrath charisma?? You must be thinking of a different Pete mcgrath!!

What about McGuinness?

Meath actually gave it a decent go for 55 minutes in 2013 before Dublin pulled away to win 2-14 to 0-13. They’ve been in the dust ever since.

21,445 in attendance. Not sure if they’re counting no shows.

Hill 16 hoping for a Meath goal there to provide some sort of interest.

The championship is pointless in current format. These types of games/results serve no one.

Who cares about provincial titles anymore. A championship based a league format is only way to go.

Sport needs to be competitive and this is not.

1 Like

I’m not sure how that helps. Dublin are the issue and the association brought this on itself.

The genie doesn’t go back in the bottle

3 Likes

Senior, intermediate and junior. Works well in counties up and down the country. A no brainer.

Let Ulster and Connacht run off their own provincial competition pre season if they so wish.

2 Likes

Honestly, no one outside of Dublin, Kerry and Derry will win it. The rest are a mile off whats required.

Hurling is more or less the same. Its seems more competitive, just because most counties that take it seriously are around the same standard, and thats not a high one. Limerick are a different level.

That late goal to stretch the margin out to 16 points was so satisfying.

There has been plenty of good ball kicked into the Meath full forward line but they are making runs out to the ball away from goal instead of working width of the field. Not good enough at senior intercounty level. Having said that you probably dont want a foot race with any of the Dublin full back line.

1 Like

The joy on the players faces as they beat their biggest rivals

This one will be celebrated like no other.

1 Like

The old firm of the gga, fans will be going to work with a pep in their step

Dublin supporters will have bragging rights over Meath people tomorrow in a similar way to how Manchester United supporters are able to rub it in to Stockport County fans after winning a grudge Carabao Cup derby.

1 Like