2024 All Ireland Senior Football Championship

whoever kerry play you will do well to get 3k kerry supporters present next weekend

Are you confusing Rory and Ross?

Rory was full back for the senior footballers for a nice while, Ross got a token match or 2 for the footballers and was a decent half forward for the senior hurlers for a few years

Rory played dual minor and under 21 for Dublin and would have finished up corner back for the senior hurlers if he chose senior hurling over senior football

https://twitter.com/howlongmayo/status/1804606014810931310

2 Likes

Famously gave away a penalty in 2010 against Cork in the All Ireland semi which costed the Dubs the match.

He Won a senior footballl championship down in Sligo just a few years ago

That was Ross McConnell of St. Oliver Plunkett’s.

Ross O’Carroll of Kilmakud Krokes played corner forward for the hurlers around 2008/2009. His brother Rory then came on the scene for the footballers and Ross then threw in his handy number with the hurlers in favour of warming the bench for the footballers for a short while.

Yeah sorry typo by me. Meant Rory O’ Carroll of Kilmacud Crokes. Was a tired man posting it.

Commentary on LMFM on the Louth v Cork game:

“That was a real agricultural challenge”

Cork ahead 1-5 to 0 5 at HT.

Colm O’Callaghan with.3 points from play.

Colm O Callaghan was superb in that first half for Cork. Tommy Walsh is a huge loss at centre back. 2 Maguires have been central to anything good that Cork have done. The goal was as good as you’ll see anywhere this summer and it came from just the solitary kick Cork delivered into FF line in that half. Sean Powter is a big loss as Ruairi Deane isnt in the game at all. Louth I thought would be more attack minded in the first half. They racked up a big score against Meath and showed plenty going forward in Leinster but they seem totally devoid of ambition in that half. At times they had 15 between their goal and their own 65. Youd feel its Corks to lose from here. Goal in a game this low scoring is very hard to peg back especially when you are going 10 or 12 minutes without a score and 3 or 4 minutes at a time without the ball.

1 Like

This sport is comical in all the wrong ways.

Brian Hurley ready to cut loose here.

Cúlllllllll

I’m enjoying this commentary

1 Like

Straight at the goalie.

1 Like

Should have been Cork goal
2 quick Cork points
Level game

Am I going crazy? He was straight in on goal and fisted it over?!?

1 Like

It should be banned.

Some awful shooting by both sides.

Please don’t inflict extra time on us.