2024 Nations League B - Gameweek 1 - Ireland v England & Greece

I reckon Heimir is gonna roar out Amhrán na bhFiann later just to wind up the tans

I see Lee Carsley is apparently Jeremy Corbyn, at least according to the batshit right wing media in England.

https://twitter.com/ballsdotie/status/1832344595792851350?t=euREIECYeBjo-R7x-XNgDA&s=08

ICONIC ( but actually very camp too. The way he walks away :sweat_smile:)

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/mrjamieohara1/status/1832340910400512109?s=46

Like most self styled English “patriots” O’Hara can’t write in proper English.

1 Like

Imagine wanting to sing an anthem grovelling to a monarch in 2024.

1 Like

Lovely the big Icelander cut the bollocks off Gavin cooney as well in his press conference

What did he say to “Gav”
It’s hard not to warm to the ice man

Carsley must be one thick cunt to get drawn into this

2 Likes

Are the LOI firms heading into town this afternoon tooled up for a bit of a bust up with Combat 18 or are their respective politics now aligned following the massive influx of non documented MOMA onto our shores

Cc @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy

I’d love to see this Ireland team today.

Kelleher
Bradley Maguire O’Shea McClean
Gallagher Rice Bellingham Grealish
Kane Ferguson

Manager: Carsley

Messi, Alexis McAllister and James Maddison on the bench.

3 Likes

What a day for Heimir’s revolution to kick off with.

WE’LL DO THEM FOR YOU’S TODAY

1 Like

Yis

Any fella who doesn’t rip up his seat and throw it at Declan Rice today is a traitor

1 Like

34 posts on an Ireland England soccer match. With a new Irish manager

Games gone

2 Likes

They’ll bate us with their caps

If the rage-farming headbangers decide to come for you they will fucking come for you.

We drew with England in June 2013 and May of 2015 but of course they were a fairly toothless outfit under Roy Hodgson at that time. They have much better personnel now than they did back then but I wouldn’t discount our typical kind of 1-1 draw with a late headed equaliser. Realistically though I’d say it will finish in a fairly upbeat 1-0 defeat where we give a reasonable account of ourselves. It’s not fully Heimir’s team just yet I’d say but the early musings are positive. Gives the vibes that he’s an actual leader of men unlike his hapless predecessor.

I hope Jason Molumphy catches Declan Rice with a nice tackle early. Nothing more than a yellow but something to set the tone. Ultimately Rice was born and bred in England so he’s more than entitled to play for them. But his feigned interest in Ireland for 3 caps was unnecessary and those in attendance should knock a bit of craic out of reminding him about it. In dating parlance he thought we were grand for the ride but not life partner material.

1 Like

I’d say we’ll be 2-0 down at half time. The English will burst our bubble with an early goal & then another one after around 32 minutes. There will be no further goals & the consensus will be Ireland have something to build on based on the second half display. That said, I’ve no idea what our team or formation will be & I haven’t seen the usual suspects posting leaked/predicted lineups.

9 Likes