2024 Nations League B - Gameweek 1 - Ireland v England & Greece

We need the “good Irish play” section of the analysis to contain something in the opposition half

3 Likes

You’re probably correct. I was judging my commendable 1-0 loss prediction based on the memories of Southgate’s risk averse England during the summers Euros. But given the FAI’s incredible recent ability to unearth and identify strong candidates for the managerial role then I’d be wary. If Carsley is anything like Willy Sagnol in a coaching sense then we could be in for a tough evening. If it’s 2-0 then I predict the second will arrive on the counter in the 79th minute and burst our bubble after a brief period of pressure.

I predict either a 1-0 victory for Ireland or a 0-6 victory for England.

However you can’t sit on the fence as regards this stuff - you have to be clear about what you’re predicting - so I will go somewhere in the middle and predict a 1-4 win for England.

3 all. Ireland go three nil up to scenes of pandemonium in the stadium including a chip from sammy smodzics and a free kick by will smallbone. England pull two back before half time though conor Gallagher and a 72nd minute headed equaliser through Harry Maguire.

Think Big Harry scored a header in the Covid era 3-0 defeat in Wembley with no fans in attendance where Spock played the Irish history clip to the squad beforehand.

As we all know nobody counts behind closed doors sport

1 Like

England by 4 today.

Signing in, Dublin is buzzing.

https://twitter.com/fctwentebenson/status/1832391419480203639?s=46&t=YOfhVM10W0bcyIiYSLI3Wg

headshot GIF

1 Like

The Mail are calling for his head before kick off

5-4-1 ish? out of possession.

3-4-3 ish? then on the ball.

cc Footix thread.

https://twitter.com/irelandfootball/status/1832429869122383998?s=46&t=0sQkcb7z4szDmx1-2Xlm0w

Ferguson :cry:

He’s picked Doherty. Sack the cunt.

1 Like

A midfield of Smallbone & Molumby is an odd balance. I know we didn’t have a whole pile of options.

Has to be a double pivot

Didi has one button too many open for me

What is the point of picking Brady and Coleman. Grand picking old lads if they are definitely still the best in their position. But Brady is old and completely past it.

We need to be milling into tackles from the off.

English media is doing its best to make sure carsley doesn’t get the gig and that won’t be lost on the players.

A few of theirs cried off already favouring club duties and I suspect they won’t be aware of how fired up the Irish lads will be this evening.

We have to set the tone early but we can definitely get a result here.

I would have started Ferguson over Idah who hasn’t got a look in really at Celtic so far this season. I know Ferguson hasn’t featured wither but offers more I think. Fancy Ireland to get a result.

He’s ready for the coppers smoking area in that rig out