2024 Nations League B - Gameweek 1 - Ireland v England & Greece

Way to go in future is pace and the younger lads. Build around the likes of McAteer. Day is done for the likes of Brady and Doherty. They offer nothing.

3 Likes

Smallbone MOTM?! Ah here

Molumby should’ve stayed on but I think the coach preferred Brown’s engine. Smallbone seemed to really tired and got very slack. They need to get Andrew Moran ready or someone

Any random young lad could hardly be worse than Brady/Doherty these days. Or an elderly Seamus Coleman. At least they might be able to run.

2 Likes

To not even give Parrott a run out over the 2 games when trailing tells me all I need to know about this spoofer dentist.

We don’t have a single player who could score that goal. Really need Ferguson to get some game time this season.

1 Like

McAteer off the left and Ogbene the right with Smozdicks off Ferguson could be promising. Leftback and midfield need sorting though.

I never want to see JOS near an Irish sideline again.

3 Likes

I tend to agree, they need fellas who can give them an edge

How are we still in group b of this?

I feel like we have never won a game

2 Likes

Toothless

Smallbone needs a spell out of the team so there can be a clamour for his inclusion.

Fellas here were calling for O’ Shea to get the job on a permanent basis but I couldn’t really understand why. A solid sort with a surprisingly wild streak on a night out in a very similar mould to Steve Staunton who also won multiple league titles in England and played GAA. Definitely a level above your Keeh Fahey/Keeh Treacy/Pat Fenlon types cc @Cheasty, but he never struck me as the most intellectual type. Although the fact that his brother is a PE teacher (I think) suggests that a direct family member must’ve accumulated near 500 LC points. I think there was an element of Man United fan boys to the clamour for his permanent basis, although MCFC academy graduate Glenn Whelan was very sour that O’ Shea wasn’t appointed as permanent manager. Hopefully Heimir assumes complete control now.

2 Likes

We’re out of our depth at this level.

Basically out of this already now after two games

Good call on the result pal.

Highly unlikely now that we can avoid either relegation or a relegation play off. England will win the group and the Greeks have a 6 point head-start on ourselves and Finland.

Didn’t think we were too bad tonight. Looked less rudderless than on Saturday and the back four seems to be the way to go. Jesus we need a midfielder though. The amount of passes that went astray, the amount of poor touches.

Need a powerhouse in there, Molumby looked grand and tidy tonight but crying out for a ball winner

@Kyle predicted it too I think. It’s mad that we’ve always managed to avoid League C. It would help our play-off hopes for Euros but conversely diminish our World Cup chances due to a terrible seeding.

2 Likes

Have we Finland twice along with England and Greece away still to play?