2024 Nations League B - Gameweek 1 - Ireland v England & Greece

I think Idah will offer far more from the start in this game chasing shadows

I’d say Molumby will smash either Grealish or Rice in half in the first ten minutes

We don’t really have many options at LB/LWB. It’s sad to say really.

Manning is alright going forward but can’t defend. There are pretty much no other options other than O’Dowda who is just worse than Brady, full stop.

Alternatives are playing someone like Ogbene as a LWB.

Ferguson can’t move, not a game for him to start

Yeah, I thought Brady did well enough in the O’Shea caretaker games & he’s the best option. There was a trend for a while of lads retiring from international football to prolong club careers but you’ve Ronaldo, Modric & others continuing on these days. I guess when you’re fairly shit like us, just pick whoever’s the best available.

Brady will be useful for set pieces

I cannot see how ye are so optimistic lads.

England are vastly superior to us. New lad has hardly had 5 mins with the team so doubt he will have been able to fix much.

TAA and Saka running at Brady. Going to be ate alive.

Gordon v Coleman a mismatch as well.

Totally light weight centre mid is going to be over run.

All we can hope is to make a battle out of it and that they have no interest. Anything is possible, but 9/10 times we lose this by 2 or 3 goals

1 Like

https://twitter.com/offtheball/status/1832443710258475066?s=46

They were fair shit in the Euros and very average teams contained them.

Obviously Carsley may not be as conservative as Southgate but that’s the hope.

Greals and TAA will have points to prove tonight.

They’ll be a much better attacking them with them in the side and an actual left back playing left back.

Plus Kane might actually be able to move.

I hope I’m wrong but I think we are in trouble

Ireland 2-2 England is my official prediction

Ah Hendrix. We can’t lose now

Ireland v England will do well to match the entertainment of the women’s wheelchair weightlifting on RTE1 @ChairmanDan.

Cavan and Ireland’s Britney Arendse has just beaten Team GB’s Louise Sugden for 4th place, a very Irish finish.

Maybe that’s an omen for a very Irish scoreline, a 1-1 victory.

Can somebody please find the RTE ad for the 1995 Lansdowne Road friendly featuring references to Oliver Cromwell, Vinegar Hill and the GPO.

2 Likes

Carsley just sat in the Irish dugout. Lolz.

This game won’t kick off until around 5.10pm due to poor Micky D & his two walking sticks.

2 Likes

He’s a disgrace. He’s ruined it for me

I feared an early England goal would stick a pin in the atmosphere but this is doing it now pre kick off.

1 Like

Its not about you Michael D ffs

Darragh Maloney is some tool.
Harry maguire booed last season? So what.

A dour 1-1 draw, with Ireland scoring in the 81st minute.
I’ll take that.