2024 Nations League B - Gameweek 1 - Ireland v England & Greece

Sounded like a plucky effort from Paddy. Best of luck against Greece or whoever it is you are playing next.

4 Likes

Let’s not tear the 21s team
Apart just yet

It’s like something that would be worn at a direct provision centre protest

He basically said O’Shea picked the team. Which makes sense because it was mostly just unchanged. O’Shea made some bad decisions, his reputation will have dropped. He took over at half time and he was able to improve things slightly.

He will have learned a lot - Brady and Coleman are past it. We need pace. Ogbene will be a wingback and then we need to find one more. We’ve got some decent centrebacks so we should play as many centrebacks as possible.

Festy whatshisname was shite but he’s quick, which is a requirement that we need so we should call him up again. That’s my Football Manager experience shining though.

We wont be ready for Greece either and the rumblings will start against him then.

It’s seems Kenny wasn’t the problem , shite players were .

1 Like

Can’t believe he didn’t celebrate. I’d say in a proper dressing room he’d get his jaw broken

Notorious for it tbf.

Lads on here whinging about our national team and they doing more to support grassroots English association soccer teams that don’t give two shites about underage Irish players. You’d have to laugh.

There’s only 7 of us here supporting our local sides.

7 Likes

Heimur Helgrimsson comes across as someone you’d trust with your teeth.

2 Likes

Uncanny

I think we should try and keep the ball more rather than booting it forward the whole time like ye wanted us too. Any half decent modern team laughs at those tactics and it’s shite to watch unless you have the players (Quinn/cascarino) to play it

Do we have the players to play keep ball?

No but it’s brilliant to watch. Booting it long is absolutely brain dead

What was “brilliant to watch” during Spock’s reign? We became the easiest team in europe to play against. We’ve a manager now who’s actually had results in international football playing his way. Let’s let him at it.

Greek tickets will be easy got after that dross

Unfortunately the Irish team is poor enough atm but I’m sure things will improve. I personally wish the English team all the best also and look forward to you getting all excited and then spunking it in the World Cup group stage/round of 16/ 1/4 final*.

• delete as appropriate

The Irish football system is a shitshow. Young lads being told they aren’t up to it at 11 or 12 years old by the local Alex Ferguson wannabe. Irish football is shite for a lot of reasons…run by loons who have no interest in anything but developing players for sale to a bigger league.

2 Likes

I’m pulling the piss funnily enough. Bayting it long is not the answer some thought either. Spocks personality and communication skills were horrific but his general philosophy on playing wasn’t as ridiculous as some of ye make out.

It was ridiculous. Would any club manager, if he found himself having the Irish squad, even consider playing like that?

We’ve some really promising talent coming through in spite of that though. Look no further than Murphy and Fitzgerald signing from GUFC and going to Newcastle. That’s still the mark of great talent till we can compete in Europe’s top tier at club.

Most barstoolers blame the FAI but do choice all themselves to support more players like Murphy and Fitz getting developed so that we’re not left with bums like Smallbone starting at international level. I’ll be delighted to see a better organisation than the FAI but it’s not the exclusive issue in Irish association soccer.

1 Like