A dirty weekend away

Is Lough Rynn Castle worth a visit for a weekend away?

Is this not resolved yet?

Hayfield Manor in Cork city is the answer

How’d the old weekend go anyway harry or did it go ahead yet?

no leisure facilities and your likely to bump into that toothless cunt boxty if you head into the town

Besides that?

nice enough hotel- good gardens- i was there for a wedding so wouldnt know what its like for a weekend by itself

farmer is from the locality-he could fill you in

No fucking way. Travel a further 25 miles to the Slieve Russell in Ballyconnell. Top notch facilities, mad for business so keenly priced given what’s on offer and your chance to cause trouble at a demonstration…

I have heard mixed reports about Lough Rynn from those who have stayed there. I have never stayed there myself. I went to the restaurant once and thought it was over priced.

Good thing about Rynn is that you’re right beside the vibrant town of Mohill. A visit to Carrolls or the Green Rooster is a must. Stay away from O’Briens Tavern.

For such a well known place the reviews on here are fairly poor.

Your ma’s technique is fairly poor.

What have Jim and Philomena done to deserve this negative post Farmer ?

Nothing against Jim or Phil mate but Boxty is a regular there.

What about Kilronan Castle?
Any better?

The Falls in Ennistymon. Perfect spot for a dirty weekend. Some of the piggy scenes from Deliverance were shot up the hill at the back.

I’ve been to the Monart with Mrs Locke, fantastic spot.

My brother had his wedding there about 4 years ago. It’s a very nice place and setting and the rooms are really impressive but it’s kind of designed for the wedding market. There are probably good deals available there but there are better places for a weekend away with the missus if that’s what you’re after.

That is what I am after.

Mount Juliet is a very nice spot Runt. The restaurant there is fantastic.

Belinter House in Meath is quite nice. Nice big rooms, DVD library with a player in each room, games etc in the main house and a small leisure centre plus nice restuarant bar etc. If you were looking to chill out in the hotel for the weekend its not a bad place.

It’s in the middle of nowhere though - they had a selection of wellies in reception that you head off down the fields with!

Don’t mind any of that shite Carryharry. If you have any regard for the girl bring her to the Merrion for the weekend and let her have the pleasure of staying in the best hotel in the country, instead of traveling to some of the bogholes mentioned on this thread. Leitrim, Meath, Kilkenny ffs