A Marathon for a great cause

Well lads, as some of you might have known, @Bandage and I, under the watchful eye of @fenwaypark plan to run in the Dublin City Marathon at the end of October. Both of us were too lazy to actually sign up when entries were open but we were fortunate enough that everyones favourite Cambodian charity SeeBeyondBorders has given us a slot each (thanks @RaymondCrotty). In return, we’ve committed to fundraising for the charity and we both agreed that TFK is the best starting point.

I’m not going to post about why SBB is a charity worthy of our money. Those of us who’ve been around here for long enough know the tireless work they do and can see the direct impact of it in what Ray has posted in the last week. Some of us are already supporting them with monthly donations but @Bandage and I would appreciate that if any of you have any spare change rattling around between now and October you might throw it our way. What better way to get value from your hard earned donation than to think of 2 former portly Wexicans torturing themselves around the streets of Dublin for a few hours.

Anyway, we’ve both set up iDonate links for donations. Both of them are below. Any donations are appreciated. My first 850 euro raised will be matched by my employer as well. If donating, just pick one of the pages and donate there rather than doing it on both. Hopefully we can keep both of them at around the same amount before we have to hawk ourselves to our respective Social Media profiles.

Thanks in advance lads
Mac & Bandage

22 Likes

Lovely stuff, @Mac. Thanks for setting up the thread.

I hate putting my name out there & prefer to anonymously snipe at people/golfers on the INTERNET, but I was delighted to accept @RaymondCrotty 's invitation to run for SeeBeyondBorders & support their great work.

Thanks to @fenwaypark for his advice & training programme. I hope I don’t make a balls of it now, but I’m enjoying the preparation & will give it my best shot. We’ll decide closer to the day whether I’ll wear blinkers or not.

As @Mac says, any donations would be gratefully received. We’ll bump this thread from time to time ahead of the race, as it might trigger someone to contribute.

Thanks lads.

12 Likes

:+1:

Good stuff lads.

This is basically a popularity contest between Mac and Bandage.

Mac will be seething :triumph:

5 Likes

With Mac being your golf forum and bandage being TFK?

I’ve mellowed with age. We’ll pool whatever we both raise together anyway as it’s all going into the same pot

1 Like

I’ve donated to @Bandage’s page as I feel @Mac needs the motivation

Who are these two cunts?

3 Likes

I feel I should donate more to @mac as he was my spring training partner, but @bandage is an admin :thinking:

Throw them both a few quid ye cunts

Where do you two get time for all this?

I won’t be donating to either one of you.

5 Likes

Two odd looking bastards. This might be a scam.

9 Likes

I’ll sponsor any mod who’ll collapse within sight of the finish line, or sooner.
Bastards.

1 Like

Massively disappointed with the size of Mac’s nose

5 Likes

Sadly not the first time someones been disappointed by the size of a body part of mine I’d say

9 Likes

I was just thinking same thing! Was expecting Gargamel-esque snout and see only normal nostrils.

The internet is sham of a place

2 Likes

Mac loves pole dancing

1 Like

We’ve been lied to for years ! No wonder he never reacted to being called a hooked nose fiend …may as well have been slaggging him about Mayo footballers …

I see Fenners is ever the politician and sponsored both the lads. But we all know who his favourite is.

1 Like