A new low for Irish Soccer #34327

St Michael’s were pulling some strokes back then. I was 17 trying to get into the Boro team, Frankie Lee and Alan Barry were up front, Alan Barry was some fucking player. Had an absurd amount of goals, and then left for Michaels out of the blue. They guaranteed him an Irish cap and Boro couldn’t. He got his cap and was back after that season

1 Like

The Cosgrave Brothers were some men to go from St Michael’s to Fairview every second season.

St Michael’s used win the Munster Junior Cup most years but couldn’t get over the line in the FAI until 2014.

1 Like

This isn’t correct. My sources tell me They ( sherif )had been considering folding the senior team due to a lack of young players coming through but will now continue.
If we continue to allow the car to dominate how we plan our cities , inner city communities will further dwindle and sports clubs like this will suffer

3 Likes

Willie arnshaw got a lovely goal for limerick the other night. He got the winner for Michaels the last time they won the fai. I know his father through the dogs

1 Like

Yea that was against Sherrif above in Galway played in August after some serious shenanigans with teams thrown out and appeals etc.

1 Like

Was that when Carew Park got fucked out?

Pretty sure it was yeah

They were talking about assassinations and all :joy:

Christ :joy:

Does Mark Keane the former underage hurling star still play for them?

Not too sure bud. He was with pike the last time I met him. A sound bloke

1 Like

Have ye turned this into a discussion on Limerick soccer?

Probably a bit too high brow discussion for you.

On north side Dublin soccer? Are you high?

They switched to LSL about 2 years ago with half of that AUL top division.

That can be a big call for teams. Same shift happens here in Cork, out of AUL into MSL, they go into a crappy non competitive Senior 2 league and lots of players fuck off

Yeah and it had a knock on effect because lots of teams felt they had to leave too once they were moving. And they had to put those AUL teams from one division into three different LSL divisions which didn’t help.

1 Like

I dont know what the situation is in Dublin but the trade off in cork is you’re playing on brilliant pitches with top class facilities week in and out in the senior league, in aul you could be getting changed in your car a few weeks a season

Do they think they’re English? Or French?

i think Bohs are English

British to be precise.