A new low for the GGA- Oireland most popular sport

Mayo forward Kenny Feeney has revealed that just four supporters from the county turned up at their Christy Ring Cup quarterfinal clash against Wicklow last weekend.

The Connacht side booked their place in the semi final of the second tier All-Ireland following an impressive win over the Garden County at Aughrim.

And now they host Kerry in the semi final on Saturday afternoon and Feeney is hoping that more supporters turn up for the match to cheer them on.

“I would love to see a crowd at all our matches,” Feeney told the Mayo News. "We had four people in Wicklow on Saturday. Two Mayo men down from Dublin who didn’t know each other and just met at the ground and two of the players’ mothers. That was it. If it was a league game for the footballers, imagine how many would be there.

“We have some really talented players in this squad and I’d love to see their skill set on display to a much bigger crowd, it would help the game grow. We’re going to give it our all whether people show up or they don’t, but the speed and the excitement is well worth watching and it would be nice to have that extra support.”

The association is fucked. Dublin will win the next 10 All Ireland Football Title and 6 of the next 10 hurling. Its all over. The Boundaries will have to be redrawn, Roscommon will have to swallow up Leitrim, Laois should annex Carlow, Wicklow fold into Wexford, and so on and so on. Its the only way the game can survive.

A member of the GAA using the word “skill set” is far more worrying than only having four supporters at a game. He’s in the wrong sport with spoofer talk like that.

In fairness I’ve been at League of Ireland games where the away team have had zero fans - and they wouldn’t have had to travel as far as from Mayo to Wicklow.

I don’t think soccer has got anything to do with the issue at hand here, DK.

There was 139 at premier division soccer match in the LOI this year. Yes, that’s right, one hundred and thirty fucking nine:D

http://extratime.ie/fixtures/detail/20263/2/

And this obsessed gobshite thinks he can have a pop at GAA attendances in an irrelevant cup match when his own league is a total laughing stock.

[QUOTE=“Sandymount Red, post: 951570, member: 1074”]There was 139 at premier division soccer match in the LOI this year. Yes, that’s right, one hundred and thirty fucking nine:D

http://extratime.ie/fixtures/detail/20263/2/

And this obsessed gobshite thinks he can have a pop at GAA attendances in an irrelevant cup match when his own league is a total laughing stock.[/QUOTE]
It’d be best not to lash out at other sports inadequacies and face up the problems inherent in our own association.

Two Mayo men down from Dublin who didn’t know each other

and two of the players’ mothers.

:wink:

Thinly veiled GAA match providing alibi for clandestine romantic liaisons. For shame

I wonder how many lads have been caught out with that camera cam crowd photo at some big matches in recent years - playing offside.

Have the rest of the team no mothers?? :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=“dodgy-keeper, post: 951563, member: 1552”]A member of the GAA using the word “skill set” is far more worrying than only having four supporters at a game. He’s in the wrong sport with spoofer talk like that.

In fairness I’ve been at League of Ireland games where the away team have had zero fans - and they wouldn’t have had to travel as far as from Mayo to Wicklow.[/QUOTE]
Don’t read today’s Irish Times, kid-James Horan sounds a bit like Eddie O’Sullivan in an interview today. I would fear for your health if you read it.

Oh The Green and Red of Mayo

[QUOTE=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 951594, member: 2272”]Two Mayo men down from Dublin who didn’t know each other

and two of the players’ mothers.

:wink:

Thinly veiled GAA match providing alibi for clandestine romantic liaisons. For shame

I wonder how many lads have been caught out with that camera cam crowd photo at some big matches in recent years - playing offside.[/QUOTE]

what?

benders use the GGA as an excuse to meet, & when they meet they dont get it on they go to GGA games instead?

[QUOTE=“North County Corncrake, post: 951613, member: 80”]what?

benders use the GGA as an excuse to meet, & when they meet they dont get it on they go to GGA games instead?[/QUOTE]
FFS sake :rolleyes:

It would make a mockery of the skill set alright if a lad who hadn’t played in 10-15 years could walk onto the Mayo team.