A new low for the GGA - Part 65

post edited but still discussion needs to be facilitated

1 Like

Classic edgy Mike

Get help very soon if you’re making jokes about a 13 year old chap dying in a freak accident. Doesn’t matter if you’re a young fella and full of beer, you should still go talk to someone.

If you’re a grown man, then I’m not sure really what to say.

3 Likes

Didn’t you say your young fellas teeth were knocked out by a hurley when messing around with a Polish lad? Have a thought about how fortunate it wasn’t a lot worse like this instance.

I can not fathom how one would handle hearing that news delivered of your son. Send him off to school in the morning.only for him not to come home that evening. Fuck me, it’s a cruel.world sometimes

4 Likes

delete that you fucking moron

1 Like

I most certainly am not making jokes about this incident, it is an absolutely horrific accident and nobody should have to experience this ever …and you certainly hope it can be avoided in the future

1 Like

believe me …we most certainly have thought long and hard about it…
what happened is an absolute tragedy…and I mean at this stage ,I dont know, should it be almost mandatory at this stage that once you hold a hurley, the helmet comes on…
a sliothar can travel like a missile, get that to the temple…fucking hell

I have edited my post as its obvious the discussion has been handled immaturely by a few notable contenders…but at this stage…a conversation is needed about hurleys and helmets…how many more of these accidents can be allowed, hurling is sacrosanct in small parts of this country…I fucking get that…but that doesn’t mean it carries a risk or is above discussion
.a discussion that you’d wonder could avoid future occurrences like the above

seriously now lad.

I think it is mandatory but shur lads out in the yard belting a ball. Would have been told not to I’d imagine but shur same as a football.ending up out in yard.

Tragedy

ah look that’s fair enough, - TFK debate at times can take many forms and my intention as always was only from a positive perspective no matter how left field we traditionally approach a topic- you’d think lads would know better after 15+ years on here- but at time you need to spell it out. but anyway - thats also part of TFK

as @LionelRitchie pointed out - we were in temple st in june for something that thank god didnt go worse… i dunno, tragic accident avoided? damn fucking right… if he goes out the door pucking around on the road with the x2 lads, will he be wearing a helmet? - you’re n fucking right he will…
i dunno - its like where do you draw the line- you have similar conversations about heading in football, its banned here till u12, you’re removing a risk, fellas dont agree with it, i get that but its the right thing to do… is swinging hurls and bating sliotars around in an unsupervised environment carrying a risk? probably… can we attempt to avoid it or reduce risk? - id say so…
I dunno

Helmet wouldn’t have helped in this case. It was a belt in the throat

Chin on the helmet might have done enough to deflect. We’ll never know I suppose

But was he actually hurling or were other lads and he got struck by their strayed ball?