A new low for the GGA (Part 895)

Boy (11) assaulted during Offaly Go Games match - HoganStand

Just like the ref getting assaulted last week you’ll get a load of sweep sweep here.

1 Like

Jeez there wouldn’t be many young fellas that age too keen on boxing I’d have thought… Either punching or being punched

Away and Shite you fucking ape

1 Like

Horrendous.

2 Likes

You’d be surprised what some lads would be capable of. Mentors should be well out in front of this though.

Wouldn’t surprise me at all. I have a couple of young lads at u7s who I have to watch like hawks during matches.

9 Likes

Jaysus. I might have to take our “overly rough play” warning more seriously.

I’d have thought a young lad boxing would be warned to an inch of his life by boxing coaches about where he makes use of that skill set.

Yep… I’d to hold an 8 year old back last thursday from battering a team mate who accidentally hit him with the ball. The other poor fucker saw his life flash before his eyes and cried for an hour apparently…

2 Likes

100%,he won’t be welcomed back to any boxing club any time soon.Most boxing coaches I know would show him the door.

2 Likes

That’s a fact.

1 Like

It’s a wrong ‘un that would do that.

Scenes! You were dead right. Article has since been deleted!

3 Likes

NAILED IT

1 Like

our under 11 girls are always complaining about getting elbowed, tripped etc,.

i may have to get @Fran up one of the evenings to teach them the kilkenny dark arts

Who is you little one playing with @artfoley?

i presume the same lot as yours, cuala

The nap landed.

2 Likes

2011?

Looks like the paper decided an hysterical tweet from a parent about an underage football match might not be the most reliable source.

2 Likes