A Possible TFK Exclusive

Kevin Ryan is the new Wexford Senior Hurling manager.

I havent a clue who he is but I am sure the Wexicans on here know something about him.

[quote=“thedancingbaby”]Kevin Ryan is the new Wexford Senior Hurling manager.

I havent a clue who he is but I am sure the Wexicans on here know something about him.[/quote]

think i revealed this as an exclusive last week.

Apologies if you did HB

It’s a double exclusive so.

What’s your source on this lads? I’ve heard mixed reports about him so far.

This was mooted a week or so ago alright. Rumours that it was the reason Doyle got rid of Myler as Ryan is manager of Oulart, Doyles club. It will mean that we’ll have Waterford men in charge of Hurling and Football so in Wexford if it comes to fruition.

was he also over mount sion this year (or at some stage in the recent past)…

Apparently so. They won some relegation play-off the other day - you’d think a team with their players would be doing better. Doing well with Oulart though but they’ve far more strength in depth than any other club in Wexford. I’ve heard he’s a good coach and good tactically but not strong on discipline. I don’t really know how accurate the reports I’m hearing are though.

surely hangblaa will be able to fill us in on him when he gets a chance…

I think he was over Mt Sion in previous years but this year they had an outsider, perhaps one of the Fennellys but I could be wrong. After they did woefully in the group stages they brought Ryan back to save the day for the qualifier, which they won handy.

T’was Liam Fennelly. Didn’t get on to well by all accounts

Kevin Ryan was over Mt. Sion after the got rid of Fennelly after the first two championship defeats. It was a rescue mission that Skin Ryan was sent in for. He is god up in Sion, but I will say he is a very very good coach. Sion would probably have won a couple of all-irelands if he was in charge of their great team instead of Jim Greene.

He was a selector under Justin up until the end of 2006, but jumped ship when it was clear Justin had no intention of leaving the selectors have and input, and Kevin wasnt prepared to be a yes man. Went down to Oulart and is on the verge of back to back championship wins.

understatement, but in fairness and outsider wouldn’t have a hope in Mt. Sion…

Few Mt Sion Men out around the South East now… Kevin Ryan (oulart and Wexico), Jim Greene (Carlow), Paraic Fanning (Jms Stephens). Second two are ginnets though.