A serious discussion about the merits of rugby football

So can it all be explained by Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs?

Dickheads wanting to “belong” taken in by “cool” retards like that Second Captains gang despite the spectacle being beyond shit?

Yes.

Sorry, pal. I like rugby because I played it for nearly 15 years and I think that a good game of rugby is very enjoyable to watch. I fully appreciate all of the limitations that it has and that it is not a global sport but I don’t really care about that. I am a huge hurling fan and don’t think any less of that sport just because it is only played in large numbers in Ireland and the USA. The “skill” levels among the forwards is quite laughable alright but there are plenty of skills on show from some of the backs. I often drew gasps of “ooh” and “aah” from the crowd with some of my inventive passing and running lines.

Did you regularly display soft hands?

Fairy washing up liquid soft, pal.

While @glasagusban is a fairly annoying character with his “I hurt my fanny doing yoga - did you ever have this issue @Horsebox?” and “I spoke to a Venezuelan girl in a bar once - let’s just say no more than it went pretty well” type posts, he’s right about one thing.

I did watch a fair bit of rugby football from 2007-2010. And that was purely to dispel myths. I correctly concluded on this very portal that Paul O’Connell was an absolute charlatan who possessed not one ounce of sporting talent. Simultaneously a raft of retards in this country were carrying on with the Superman wears Paulie underpants nonsense.

See that clip of him from Saturday standing in the line with the outside backs and passing the ball like a recent stroke victim? I stated years ago that he should be beaten to a pulp for doing that. It was argued we needed a ball carrier and he’s a good man to have as first receiver. The cunt can’t run or move so he gets tackled behind the gain line every single time.

A useless clown playing an utterly shambolic activity. And he captained Britain too and launched a campaign promoting partitionist milk. What a bastard!

:smiley:

@Bandage confirms that he is either a bandwagon cretin following rugby in a very successful period for Irish rugby or else he is a bit slow and it took him 3 years to figure out that he didn’t like something he thought he didn’t like anyway.

You’re giving him an awful chasing on this thread pal. Try not to drive him off the board altogether.

Ah here. Anyone from an audit background or with any bit of savvy or business acumen would acknowledge that your sample size must be built up before your initial “feeling” or “inclination” can be confirmed.

@Horsebox[/USER] and @[USER=1533]glasagusban are grasping hopelessly and clinging onto each other pitifully for support here.

[quote=“Bandage, post: 862028, member: 9”]Ah here. Anyone from an audit background or with any bit of savvy or business acumen would acknowledge that your sample size must be built up before your initial “feeling” or “inclination” can be confirmed.

@Horsebox[/USER] and @[USER=1533]glasagusban are grasping hopelessly and clinging onto each other pitifully for support here.[/quote]
Slow it is then.

[quote=“Bandage, post: 862021, member: 9”]While @[USER=1533] I correctly concluded on this very portal that Paul O’Connell was an absolute charlatan who possessed not one ounce of sporting talent. Simultaneously a raft of retards in this country were carrying on with the Superman wears Paulie underpants nonsense.

See that clip of him from Saturday standing in the line with the outside backs and passing the ball like a recent stroke victim? [/USER][/quote][USER=1533]
Please don’t associate recent stroke victims with O’Connell’s attempt to pass that ball.

Recent stroke victims can be top level sportsmen, as Ted Hankey’s return to form this week shows.[/user]

I think the whole Irish thing of latching onto Rugby over the last decade was twofold.

It was/is an elitist Sport by enlarge or certainly seen to be. Irish people are very quick to shun their backgrounds in order to jump a social class or two.

We were successful at it, Irish people love nothing more than latching onto a winner or a preceived winner.

Any serious look at Irish people’s interest in Rugby requires a lot more than a general look at the merits or demerits of Rugby as a Sport. We need to delve deeper into the same sort of terrority that led to the IMF arriving I’m afraid. Irish people are not a real people in any sense of the word certainly not in a developed sense. Rugby is a Sport that was invented when a failed Soccer player picked up the ball and ran the length of the pitch with it.

In someways Ireland and Rugby are perfect for each other.

Certain people have “notions”. These people need a sport to differenciate themselves from the common people.

Rubgy is their sport. In their vulnerable minds… its a complex game full of so many rules that the common man couldnt possibly comprehend.

The reality is the joke is on them. Its a simples game…

[quote=“Special Olympiakos, post: 862038, member: 366”]I think the whole Irish thing of latching onto Rugby over the last decade was twofold.

It was/is an elitist Sport by enlarge or certainly seen to be. Irish people are very quick to shun their backgrounds in order to jump a social class or two.

We were successful at it, Irish people love nothing more than latching onto a winner or a preceived winner.

Any serious look at Irish people’s interest in Rugby requires a lot more than a general look at the merits or demerits of Rugby as a Sport. We need to delve deeper into the same sort of terrority that led to the IMF arriving I’m afraid. Irish people are not a real people in any sense of the word certainly not in a developed sense. Rugby is a Sport that was invented when a failed Soccer player picked up the ball and ran the length of the pitch with it.

In someways Ireland and Rugby are perfect for each other.[/quote]
Eh, I’ve already answered this mate, its all about morkeshing and the franchises, simps.

As a sport, I don’t mind rugby. I would not agree that there is no skill to it but I would also contend that the skill levels aren’t the highest either.

But a few things around it piss me off utterly:

• MUNSTER. I despise this and everything about it. I hate the way that people from the arse-end of Waterford or Kerry or somewhere claim allegiance to this ‘team’ as they take it that they are representing them, even though there is not a rugby club within an ass’ roar of them. I despise the way that they believe that they are the real rugby fans because they are not as upper class as Leinster. I hate the way they go on about Bull Hayes or Super Man O’Connell. I hate the way they sing the Fields of Athenry even though it has nothing to do it. Underpinning it all is this sense of being the true fan, and fucking massive arrogance, even though half the cunts jumped on the bandwagon. Also Munster in it’s current state is as a result of the commencement of the Heineken Cup. I would nuke all Munster fans if I got the chance.

• The way rugby is seen as being the sport of networkers. Fucking shower of cunts. I arrived into the canteen one day and there was some cunt going on about a great weekend for Irish Sport as all four provinces won. What would you know about Irish Sport you utter cunt of a man? There is horrible snobbish element to it as well - cunts look down their nose at you if you start discussing football or GAA even though they wouldn’t know anything about sport.

• The way birds have an interest in it. What the fuck is that about? Again it comes back to this sort of ‘cool’ thing to do. Load of rubbish.

• The way they make a big deal out of the most basic tasks. For instance, Sean O’Brien is the best ‘ball carrier’ in the team. What does that mean - that he can ‘carry the ball’ better than others? Who even measures that? Also so what if they can carry the ball!! Another one is a lifter - John Hayes is the best lifter in the world. In that he can lift a lad up. Fucking hell.

• The fact that most of the people who are into it, including the birds, have absolutely no idea of the majority of the rules. I don’t know most of them but I don’t pretend to be an expert unlike those Munster cunts.

[quote=“farmerinthecity, post: 862047, member: 24”]As a sport, I don’t mind rugby. I would not agree that there is no skill to it but I would also contend that the skill levels aren’t the highest either.

• MUNSTER. I despise this and everything about it. I hate the way that people from the arse-end of Waterford or Kerry or somewhere claim allegiance to this ‘team’ as they take it that they are representing them, even though there is not a rugby club within an ass’ roar of them. I despise the way that they believe that they are the real rugby fans because they are not as upper class as Leinster. I hate the way they go on about Bull Hayes or Super Man O’Connell. I hate the way they sing the Fields of Athenry even though it has nothing to do it. Underpinning it all is this sense of being the true fan, and fucking massive arrogance, even though half the cunts jumped on the bandwagon. Also Munster in it’s current state is as a result of the commencement of the Heineken Cup. I would nuke all Munster fans if I got the chance.

• The way rugby is seen as being the sport of networkers. Fucking shower of cunts. I arrived into the canteen one day and there was some cunt going on about a great weekend for Irish Sport as all four provinces won. What would you know about Irish Sport you utter cunt of a man? There is horrible snobbish element to it as well - cunts look down their nose at you if you start discussing football or GAA even though they wouldn’t know anything about sport.

• The way birds have an interest in it. What the fuck is that about? Again it comes back to this sort of ‘cool’ thing to do. Load of rubbish.

• The way they make a big deal out of the most basic tasks. For instance, Sean O’Brien is the best ‘ball carrier’ in the team. What does that mean - that he can ‘carry the ball’ better than others? Who even measures that? Also so what if they can carry the ball!! Another one is a lifter - John Hayes is the best lifter in the world. In that he can lift a lad up. Fucking hell.

• The fact that most of the people who are into it, including the birds, have absolutely no idea of the majority of the rules. I don’t know most of them but I don’t pretend to be an expert unlike those Munster cunts.[/quote]

quite simply a fantastic post , one of the best I have read on here

[quote=“farmerinthecity, post: 862047, member: 24”]As a sport, I don’t mind rugby. I would not agree that there is no skill to it but I would also contend that the skill levels aren’t the highest either.

• The fact that most of the people who are into it, including the birds, have absolutely no idea of the majority of the rules. I don’t know most of them but I don’t pretend to be an expert unlike those Munster cunts.[/quote]

A scathing attack on that cunt @dancarter :clap:

It is in its fuck. Read the first part where he ridiculously claims there’s skill in rugby football.

Big Izzy ,SBW,Quade Cooper have skill mate

The Northern hemisphere oafs dont

:clap:

Fantastic