A thread to post stories or things that you believe never happened

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0KSr4STaXVUSMw6kNhd3zfm9JJXXp9J5yKL6iWuY8X3H15RuntsgpZECdbV157qYSl&id=100044545021561

That’s not worth wasting anyone’s time with - I aborted three or four paragraphs in

Some craic

Infraction for @Spidey

7 Likes

The definition of what this thread was set up for.

3 Likes

On a very rare listen to OffTheBall last night, Tim Vickery came out with a beaut.

He had been pressed on going to Qatar, human rights record etc. He went off some big long winded justification and finished with a great story. It was about a friend in London who works with an NGO helping migrant workers. This friend asked a migrant worker, who had worked in Qatar, what their feelings were on the world cup. The worker responded that he was delighted it was going ahead and he had tickets got and was heading to it himself.

2 Likes

Lovely story. Good for him

I see that there were pictures of people of middle Eastern origin in different country jerseys in Qatar being made to look as if countries supporters have arrived. I wouldn’t be surprised to be honest with you if the stadium workers got free tickets to fill up seats.

1 Like

Probably have the ticket money taken out of their wages though. Only another 8 months of indentured slavery to pay it off.

Sure didn’t the Chinese do the same at the Winter Olympucs? Of course no fans were allowed in at all.

Win win all round, most of them are Muslims and won’t drink anyway.

Are you and fintan not getting on these days?

3 Likes

3 Likes

You’d hope he has leather upholstery

Assume someone replied “OMG I’m
so sorry someone winked at you uninvited. DO BETTER”

Is she the mad one who makes stuff up all the time?

She was married to Johnny Vegas, so I’d say that’s not even the strangest thing she’s seen a man do.

13 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy: