Abortion Referendum Thread

So you now speak for all pregnant women? Odd.

Sure you’re speaking for all foetuses?

Do the dacent thing cicero. Get out there and ride in rings round you. Ride like it’s profitable, fashionable and essential for the survival of the one true church.
Come back when you’ve a few raunchy stories to brighten our evenings. We’re here to offer tips on technical mastery, pickup lines and ways to close the deal.
You could have your own thread.
I know you fund the idea of sex filthy. Don’t let this stop you, when it’s done properly it should be filthy.
Go on ya boy ye. You’re the bull you’re the bull you’re the bull.

The Yes side are the ones who want to take away legisaltion that protects unborn babies from being murdered by the mother that created them. I don’t speak for the unborn children, I do think that legislation that protects their right to live should stay and I feel getting rid of this is barbaric and inhumane.

No im not really, you are putting words in my mouth there.

I honestly cannot understand your comparison of what you call a natural abortion and an unnatural one. They are completely different, there is a wilful human decision.

I respect your right to hold that view

It was a dumb letter mate, just leave it at that

Have you ever spoken to a pregnant woman, I’d guess not

Cool bro.

I feel strongly on this, I think voting Yes is humanity turning in on itself.

The dumb letter didn’t mention early miscarriage, gil did

Clare daly about to enter the debate on prime time guys

Yes. I mentioned it specifically because he didnt.

Most people, IMO, would view a miscarriage after 6 weeks v differently to one after 12, and even more so after 20 when a womans body will have started to significantly change due to the pregnancy.

I personally would view an abortion before 12 weeks and after 20 weeks very differently

2 Likes

Because the outcome is the same, a potential life doesn’t get to develop to full term.

There are about 60,000 babies born in Ireland every year, so using the 20% number roughly 15,000 potential lives are naturally aborted. About 3,500 Irish women chose to terminate their pregnancies every year, the overwhelming majority in the first trimester, so less than 25% of the natural abortion number.

Why is there so much concern about the 3,500 number and not the 15,000 number? So much so that women are branded murderers by religious nutcases. Surely their God is a far worse murderer?

Fully entitled to that opinion.

Abortion is the ultimate act of selfishness. Make no bones about it, the vast majority of abortions will not be because of medical issues or cases such as rape. It will be used as a birth control method, it will be the default option for selfish, irresponsible people who want to abdicate the responsibility and accountability of their actions.

And this is where the Yes side want to steer the debate away from.

You worship a very selfish God then.

Maybe im missing something here…

Because there was no way of saving the life cut short by the ‘natural’ abortion, but every chance in the unnatural case

Deadly - a tv debate on the abortion referendum.

You have shown what the Yes side are all about, making the debate about everything else other than what it is about. You keep focusing on God and religion when it’s not a factor, you’re the only one who keeps bringing it into things - you’re a bigot.

Most of clares voter base cant survive on their own outside the womb