Abortion result hub

Could this not give FF a niche as a reactionary Conservative party for old people? That’s their only hope and they can’t do it with Micheal Martin.

How can they get any seats in Dublin? Although Jim O’Callaghan campaigned for Yes in Rathmines at the death. He could be their last TD in Dublin.

I imagine a lot of people who voted yesterday would not necessarily bother voting in a General Election.

The FF over 65s will vote in numbers.
Think Mary Lou had a good campaign interesting to see if Shinners can turn that into seats.

This referendum will have minimal impact on the next General Election. That’s always been the way with referendum on social change. Sure the Labour Party were given the lions share of the political credit for the Same Sex Marriage referendum.

This is true. Doesn’t mean ff aren’t fucked though. Their support is literally dying out and there are very little gains to be made by them as a party. They need young capable candidates who work their balls off in the constituency because the few thousand vote head start they used to have no longer exists.

1 Like

Maybe they should just raise the voting age to 65. That would sort it out for them.

2 Likes

The thought of it puts the fear of God in me…

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu-xk5mRGOs

That look good on election posters I suppose?

Apart from the obvious issues which led to a resounding Yes vote, there was another big reason why the No campaign lost as badly as they did.

It was because every last one of them came across as a deeply dislikeable and horrible individual.

3 Likes

The Fields of Athenry echoing around Dublin Caslte live on Six One news.

Low lied the No campaign.

Low lie the No campaign.

The Yes campaign will make SF more transfer friendly.

Did all agree that ‘democracy’ has played out or are lads insulting at will?

723,000 voted no. Down from 734,000 in the same sex marriage referendum and 841,000 in 1983. Hard to escape the conclusion that you have a conservative cohort that are slowly dying off.

2 Likes

Looks that way.

Looks like @carryharry the little rodent won’t admit he lied about me editing a post. Despite all the evidence being presented here.
A shameless bastard.

Explain?

He has form. He made an allegation against my good self last week. When challenged he sought the shelter of the sewer. It’s a pity I went so easy on him

1 Like

Great to read.

Tho the no counter next to me today was only around 40…still plenty about. He was obese, a little weird and smelled of stale sweat as he wore a black leather jacket throughout… Exactly the type you imagine the no side to look and smell like.

was he driving a forklift?

1 Like